1895 - 1986
||Mary Alice "Alice" Burns  |
||24 Mar 1895
||Henry County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
||6 Sep 1986
||Pleasant Manor Care Center, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
||8 Sep 1986
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Mrs. Alice (Leo) Scott, 91, of Pleasant Manor Care Center, Mount Pleasant, died Saturday, September 6, 1986, at the care center. A lifetime resident of Henry County [Iowa], she was born March, 24, 1895, to Dominic and Kate Sexton Burns. On February 2, 1916, at Mount Pleasant, she married Leo F. Scott; he died November 7, 1938.
She had worked for 25 years in the Kennedy's Dairy, Mount Pleasant, and had farmed in Henry County. She was a member of the St. Alphonsus Church, Mount Pleasant, the Altar and Rosary Society, the VFW Auxiliary, and was a charter member of the South Center Club.
Surviving are three daughters, Mrs. Winifred (Robert) Hunting and Mrs. Jean (Max) Beavers, both of Mount Pleasant, and Miss Anna Lee Scott of Cedar Rapids; 16 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
Scripture services will be 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Weir Funeral Home, Mount Pleasant, where the family will receive friends following the service.
Funeral mass for Mrs. Scott will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the St. Alphonsus Church, Mount Pleasant, with the Reverend Thomas J. Spiegel and Reverend Paul Albers officiating. Burial will be in the St. Alphonsus Cemetery.
Memorials have been established for her church and the Mount Pleasant Public Library.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Alice Scott; born: 24 March 1895; died: September 1986; last residence: 52641 (Mount Pleasant, Henry, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||9 Sep 1986
||Saint Alphonsus Cemetery, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [2, 3]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Leo Francis Scott, b. 17 Sep 1892, d. 7 Nov 1938 |
||2 Feb 1916
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
- There were six children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S2280] World Connect - Holly's Family Trees: hollyblomberg, (last updated: Wed Feb 27 08:59:01 2002, contact Holly Blomberg) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3818] Scott, Mary "Alice" (Burns) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9A, September 8, 1986; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2207] Center Township Cemeteries - St. Alphonsus and Faulknor, (published by the Iowa Genealogical Society, 1987, publication #0467; Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa), page 22 (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).