1929 - 2005
||Helen M. Lingenfelter  |
||29 Mar 1929
||Peoria, Peoria County, Illinois [1, 2, 3]
||Grinnell, Poweshiek County, Iowa 
|Grinnell College |
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
|Iowa Wesleyan College |
||Lockridge, Jefferson County, Iowa 
|Lockridge High School |
||Canton, Fulton County, Illinois 
|Canton School of Nursing |
||17 Mar 2005
||Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa [2, 3]
||18 Mar 2005
||Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa 
|The Ottumwa Courier |
- Ottumwa (IA) -- Helen M. Willis, 75, of 1604 West Main Street, died at 6:45 a.m., March 17, 2005, at home.
She was born March 29, 1929, in Peoria County, Illinois, to Henry Banks and Fern Marie Harper Lingenfelter. She married William M. "Bill" Willis May 19, 1957, in Lockridge. He preceded her in death November 9, 2000.
She was a 1947 graduate of Lockridge High School, she attended Iowa Wesleyan, Grinnell College and graduated from Canton School of Nursing, Canton, Illinois. She was affiliated with the Peoria State Psychiatric Hospital and Cook County Hospital. She had been a resident of Ottumwa since 1957 and worked as a registered nurse at Ottumwa Hospital and various nursing home in Ottumwa until 1983. She attended Northgate Alliance Church. She was a member of Elizabeth Ross Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution and Iowa Wesleyan Alumni. She volunteered at River Hills Community Health Center, Wapello County Public Health, F.W. Morgan Immunization Clinic, Retired Senior Volunteer Program and Foster Grandparent Program. She was a recipient of the Iowa Governor's Volunteer Award.
Survivors include son, Joseph H. (Deborah) Willis of Rome, Georgia; daughter, Lucinda K. Willis of Ottumwa; brother, Lawrence Monroe Lingenfelter of Lockridge; and three sisters, Hildreth Nebergall of St. David, Illinois, Betty Helterbran of Fairfield and Henretta June Jennings of Wapello.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Ferna Garner.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday at Reece Funeral Home with the Reverend Doug Grogan officiating. Burial will be at Burge Cemetery, near New London.
Visitation will begin 9 a.m. Monday at the funeral home with the family present from 6-8 p.m.
Memorials may be made to Foster Grandparents Program, The Salvation Army, Northgate Alliance Church, or donor's choice.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Helen M. Willis; born: 29 March 1929; died: 17 March 2005 (V); last residence: 52501 (Ottumwa, Wapello, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Illinois
||22 Mar 2005
||Burge Cemetery, New London, Henry County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||William Milton"Bill" Willis, b. 13 Mar 1930, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa , d. 9 Nov 2000, Ottumwa Regional Health Center, Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa |
||19 May 1957
||Lockridge, Jefferson County, Iowa [1, 3]
- There were two children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S3811] Willis, William Milton "Bill" - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, November 12, 2000; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3371] World Connect - DeSpain Family: -despain-, (last updated: 2009-11-11 01:57:02 UTC (Wed), contact homer r. ficken) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3810] Willis, Helen M. (Lingenfelter) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Ottumwa Courier, March 18, 2005; Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).