1931 - 2001
||Darrell Edward Abrisz  |
||24 Dec 1931
||Hillsboro, Henry County, Iowa 
||Mount Union, Henry County, Iowa 
|Mount Union High School |
||3 Feb 1950
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
|The Mt. Pleasant News |
- Men Register For Selective Service
The following men have registered for selective service at the local draft board.
Carroll L. Duncan, Eugene H. Thornburg, Ralph E. Mickey, Clayton Rabedezus, Clarence Mumme, Roger K. Henze, Harold Jacobs and Darrell Abriz (sic).
The following men have been classified by the draft board.
Class 5-A, over-age, Warren R. Burns, Herbert Coleman, Orval Conrad, Richard Hepker, Darell Mitts, Andrew Rinner and Harold Cross.
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
|Iowa Wesleyan College |
- Darrell was a veteran of the Marine Corps. He served during the Korean War.
||20 Dec 2001
||New London, Henry County, Iowa 
||22 Dec 2001
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Darrell Edward Abrisz, 69, of New London, died Thursday, December 20, 2001, at his home.
Born December 24, 1931, in Hillsboro, he was the son of George and Bessie Elmore Abrisz. He married Marlys Warth on December 21, 1957, in New London.
Mr. Abrisz was a 1950 graduate of Mount Union High School, a 1972 graduate of Iowa Wesleyan College and a Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War. He first did factory work and then returned to school to get his teaching certification. He was a longtime educator in the New London school system.
He attended New London United Methodist Church and was chairman of missions in the church. He was head of family selection and board member of Henry County Habitat for Humanity and a former chairman of Henry County Republican Party.
Survivors include his wife; one son, Dorin E. Abrisz of Omaha, Nebraska; three brothers, Dennis Abrisz of New London, Larry Abrisz of Aurora, Missouri, and Gary Abrisz of Stafford, Virginia; and four sisters, Marjorie Isom of Aurora, Missouri, Clarice Jackson of Lubbock, Texas, Macel Anderson of Mount Union and Dianne Kracht of New London.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at Elliott Chapel in New London. There will be no family visitation.
The funeral for Mr. Abrisz will be at 2 p.m. Sunday in Elliott Chapel, with Pastor Matt Miller officiating. Burial will be in Burge Cemetery in New London.
Memorials have been established for Habitat for Humanity and New London United Methodist Church.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Darrell E Abrisz; born: 24 December 1931; died: 20 December 2001 (V); last residence: 52645 (New London, Henry, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||23 Dec 2001
||Burge Cemetery, New London, Henry County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Ruth Marlys "Marlys" Warth, b. 16 Sep 1937, New London, Henry County, Iowa , d. 11 Sep 2005, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska |
||21 Dec 1957
||New London, Henry County, Iowa [5, 6]
- There was one child from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S10759] Abrisz, Darrell Edward - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, December 22, 2001; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S10761] Thornburg, Eugene H. "Cook" and Abrisz, Darrell Edward - Draft Registration, (originally published in The Mt. Pleasant News, front page, Volume 72, Number 28, Friday, February 3, 1950; Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S2319] World Connect - (untitled): davechriste, (last updated: 2005-10-25 15:31:02 UTC (Tue), contact: Dave Christe) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1496] World Connect - Burgus Family tree: burgus, (last updated: 2007-12-23 12:25:02 UTC (Sun), contact: John) (Reliability: 3).
- [S5321] Abrisz, Ruth "Marlys" (Warth) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, September 16, 2005; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).