1936 - 2009
||Harold David Brockert [1, 2] |
||27 Mar 1936
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||Toolesboro, Louisa County, Iowa 
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||6 Apr 2009
||Wapello Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||7 Apr 2009
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Harold David Brockert, 73, of Wapello died Monday, April 6, 2009, at Wapello Nursing and Rehab Center in Wapello.
Born March 27, 1936, in Muscatine, he was the son of Irvin John and Opal Lucille Finley Brockert. On June 1, 1962, he married Marilyn Wagner in Conesville.
Mr. Brockert worked at Heinz and Bandag and retired with 20 years from North Star Steel in millwright. He grew up in the Muscatine and Montpellier area. He served in the Army during the Vietnam War. He was a member of Steel Workers Union and Ducks Unlimited. He enjoyed camping, fishing, music, trap shooting, old tractors, gardening and farming.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Audie Brockert of St. Paul and Philip Brockert, Marvin Brockert and Russell Brockert, all of Wapello; one daughter, Paula Mangold of Mount Union; 12 grandchildren; one great-grandchild; three brothers, Keith Brockert, Harry Brockert and Benny Brockert, all of Muscatine; and one sister, Delores Duncan of Fredonia.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one grandchild, one brother and two sisters.
Visitation will be from noon to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home in Wapello where the family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m.
The funeral for Mr. Brockert will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home with the Reverend Dan Doolin officiating. Burial will be in Cedar Bethel Cemetery, rural Letts. Family and friends will gather after burial at Solid Rock Baptist Church for lunch and fellowship.
A memorial has been established.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Harold D. Brockert; born: 27 March 1936; died: 6 April 2009 (V); last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 478-38-8957; state where issued: Iowa
||9 Apr 2009
||Cedar-Bethel Cemetery, Concord Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Irvin John Brockert, b. 25 Sep 1907, Rough Woods Hill, Hardin County, Iowa , d. 11 Mar 1995, Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa |
||Opal Lucille Finley, b. 15 Sep 1907, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 14 Jan 1991, Colonial Manor Nursing Home, Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa |
||28 Jan 1926
||Grandview, Louisa County, Iowa [5, 6]
- [S10743] Brockert, Kenneth Arthur - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, December 6, 2003; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3706] Zaba Search (Reliability: 3).
- [S3822] Brockert, Harold David - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, April 7, 2009; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S2524] Brockert, Opal Lucille (Finley) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 5B, January 15, 1991; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2523] Brockert, Irvin John - Obituary, (orignally published in an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper, 1995) (Reliability: 3).
- [S588] Veromi Report (Reliability: 3).