1922 - 1967
||Barbara Schwob [1, 2] |
||12 Aug 1922
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
- Barbara Schwob, daughter, female, white, age 7, single, attended school since September 1929, born in Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Iowa, state code: 65, occupation none
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|Wapello High School |
||29 Sep 1967
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Burlington Hawk-Eye |
- Crash Injuries Fatal To Woman
Oakville (IA) -- Mrs. Barbara Sheridan, 45, of rural Oakville, died Friday (September 29, 1967) about 5 a.m. in Mercy hospital, Davenport, from injuries she received in a collision in which her husband and his mother of Burlington died.
The accident occurred between Muscatine and Davenport on US 61 Sunday. Wayne E. Cubbage, Muscatine, also was killed in the crash.
Services for Mrs. Sheridan will be Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Oakville Methodist church, Reverend Frederick Richard officiating. Burial will be in Edwards cemetery near Oakville. The body is at the Fry chapel, Mediapolis.
Double services for David Sheridan and Mrs. Edna Luttenegger, 71, of 815 Oak, were held Wednesday.
Mrs. Sheridan was born August 12, 1922, Wapello, the daughter of Henry and Hazel I. Umphrey Schwob. She was married to David Sheridan December 31, 1944, at Southern Pines, North Carolina. She was a graduate of the Wapello high school and a member of the Oakville Methodist church.
Surviving: A son David L., a student at Ames; a daughter, Nancy, a nursing student at Burlington hospital; mother, Mrs. Hazel I. Schwob, Wapello; five brothers, Harlan H. Schwob, Iowa City, Walter D., Thomas E., Robert D., all of Wapello, Richard E. Schwob, of Anaheim, California; two sisters, Mrs. Mary Archibald and Mrs. Virginia Stone, both of Wapello.
||Crash Injuries Fatal to Woman
The death notice and obituary of Barbara (Schwob) Sheridan. Barbara was the daughter of Henry and Hazel Irene (Umphrey) Sheridan. She died in 1967 from injuries several days after an automobile accident in which her husband was also killed. They were the parents of two children, David and Nancy Sheridan.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Schwob, Barbara Sheridan; Sex: F; Born: 1922; Died or Buried: 1967; Age: 45; Buried: Edwards (township = Eliot); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page E-19; Notes: 1922-1967
||29 Sep 1967
||Mercy Hospital, Davenport, Scott County, Iowa [3, 4]
|Cause: injuries sustained in an automobile accident |
||1 Oct 1967
||Edwards Cemetery, Oakville, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Henry Schwob, b. 29 Apr 1885, Iowa , d. 30 Jun 1958 |
||Hazel Irene Umphrey, b. 2 Sep 1887, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 14 Aug 1980, Morning Sun Manor, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
||29 Apr 1909
||Atalissa, Muscatine County, Iowa [5, 6]
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Groom's Name: Henry Schwab; Groom's Birth Date: 1884; Groom's Birthplace: Wapello, Iowa; Groom's Age: 25; Bride's Name: Hazel Irene Umphrey; Bride's Birth Date: 1887; Bride's Birthplace: Wapello, Iowa; Bride's Age: 22; Marriage Date: 29 April 1909; Marriage Place: Atalissa, Muscatine, Iowa; Groom's Father's Name: Emanuel Schwab; Groom's Mother's Name: Rosina Dill; Bride's Father's Name: Thomas Umphrey; Bride's Mother's Name: Mary Bell Copeland; Groom's Race: White; Groom's Marital Status: Single; Bride's Race: White; Bride's Marital Status: Single; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M02546-0; System Origin: Iowa-EASy; Source Film Number: 1003492; Reference Number: 1003492 pg 102; Collection: Iowa Marriages, 1809-1992
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [7, 8]
|Obituaries, Deaths, Funerals
||Relatives Called to the Deathbed of Geoffrey Paul Umphrey from the Vicinity of Wapello, Iowa|
Published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye, March 12, 1931.
||David Frank Sheridan, b. 16 Feb 1921, Oakville, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 24 Sep 1967, near Davenport, Scott County, Iowa |
||31 Dec 1944
||Southern Pines, Moore County, North Carolina [4, 9]
||Our Town; Time for the Clan to Get Together: Family Reunion|
A report about a 1983 family gathering of the descendants of Thomas and Elizabeth (Latta) Sheridan.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S3328] Archibald, Mary Elizabeth (Schwob) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, Thursday, November 19, 2003; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Wapello city, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa; enumeration district: 58-20, supervisor's district: 15; sheet number: 3A, page number: 106; enumeration date: April 7, 1930
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S5474] Sheridan, Barbara (Schwob) - Death Notice and Obituary, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye, front page, September 29, 1967; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S637] Schwob, Hazel Irene (Umphrey) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9, August 15, 1980; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S372] Umphrey, Geoffrey Paul - Funeral Report (SE Iowa Newspaper), (originally published in an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper, likely The Wapello Republican, about March 19, 1931) (Reliability: 3).
- [S629] Umphrey, Geoffrey Paul - Wapello Relatives Called to Deathbed (Burlington Hawk-Eye), (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye, Page 3, March 12, 1931; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S5473] Sheridan, David Frank - Obituary, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye, page 7, September 25, 1967; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).