1884 - 1954
||Arthur Verne Wilson, Sr.  |
||26 Aug 1884
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4, 5]
|Iowa State Census
||Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- (Arthur V. Wilson was married to Georgia M. Wilson, living with her and children: Roxy B., Mary A., Harold S., A. Verne, Ralph E., Norma J., Lorma M. Wilson:) Line: 15, Arthur V. Wilson, head of household, male, white, age 40, married, attended grade school, state highest grade (1-8): 8, could read, could write, place of birth: Iowa, name of father: Peter Wilson, father's birthplace: Indiana, name of mother: Alice C. Artell, mother's birthplace: Iowa, mother's age at last birthday: 59, place of marriage of parents: Wapello, Iowa, involved in agricultural pursuits, church affiliation: Methodist
||12 Feb 1954
||rural Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 5]
||15 Feb 1954
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 5]
||18 Feb 1954
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
|the Morning Sun News-Herald |
- Funeral Monday for A. V. Wilson
Funeral services were held Monday afternoon (February 15, 1954) in the Methodist church for A. V. Wilson, 69, long-time Morning Sun resident who died at his home here Friday, February 12. He had been in failing health for several years.
The son of Peter and Alice Wilson, Arthur Verne Wilson was born in Wapello on August 26, 1884. He was married to Georgia Siverly of Morning Sun.
Surviving are Mrs. Wilson and the following children: Mrs. Harold Wheeler, Mrs. Ralph McKeever, Harold S. Wilson, and Verne Wilson, all of Morning Sun; Ralph Wilson, Wapello, Mrs. William Alter, Burlington; Lt. Lorna Wilson, Denver, Colorado. Also surviving are two sisters, Mrs. Lee Syphrit of West Middlesex, Pennsylvania, and Mrs. Etta Lukins of Columbus Junction; and 13 grandchildren.
Following the funeral services in the Methodist church, of which Mr. Wilson was a long-time member, burial was in Elmwood Cemetery.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Wilson, Arthur V. Sr.; Sex: M; Born: 1884; Died or Buried: 1954; Age: 70; Buried: Elmwood (township = Morning Sun); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page MS-79; Notes: 1884-1954
||21 Feb 2014 |
||Mary Georgia Siverly, b. 12 Aug 1882, near Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 20 Mar 1968, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
- There were seven children from this marriage.
| ||1. Roxy B. Wilson, b. 11 May 1902, d. 11 Nov 1984, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
| ||2. Mary Wilson, b. 25 Apr 1906, Iowa , d. 26 Mar 1987|
|>||3. Harold Siverly "Pete" Wilson, b. 10 Dec 1908, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 6 Apr 1979|
| ||4. Arthur Verne Wilson, Jr., b. 23 May 1911, Iowa , d. 26 Oct 1993|
| ||5. Ralph E. "Bill" Wilson, b. 15 Oct 1915, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 4 Feb 1961, Macomb, McDonough County, Illinois |
| ||6. Norma Jean Wilson, b. 27 Nov 1924, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 30 Oct 2003, Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
| ||7. Lt. Lorna M. Wilson, b. 27 Nov 1924, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 9 Mar 2005, Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S3320] Alter, Norma Jean (Wilson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, November 6, 2003; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S38] 1925 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S337] World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 (ancestry.com and Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13054] Wilson, Arthur Verne - Obituary, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, February 18, 1954; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).