1898 - 1983
||Clark McLaughlin Sexton  |
||20 Aug 1898
||Alpha, Henry County, Illinois 
||Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|Mediapolis High School |
||Yellow Spring Township, Des Moines County, Iowa 
- Clark M. Sexton, son, male, white, age 21, single, did not attend school since September 1919, could read, could write, born in Illinois, father's birthplace Illinois, mother's birthplace Illinois, could speak English, occupation farm laborer, nature of industry home farm, wage earner
||13 Apr 1983
||Morning Sun Manor, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 4]
||16 Apr 1983
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa [5, 6]
||Abt 21 Apr 1983
- Clark M. Sexton dies at Morning Sun Manor
Clark M. Sexton, 84, of Morning Sun died Wednesday, April 13, 1983, at Morning Sun Manor.
The funeral was held Saturday afternoon in Morning Sun United Methodist Church with the Reverend Fred Harris in charge. Burial was in Elmwood Cemetery, with military rites conducted by the Hays-Scott Post 112 American Legion.
Mr. Sexton was born August 20, 1898, at Alpha, Illinios, to Harry S. and Jennie McLaughlin Sexton. He enlisted in the Marine Corp in World War I and was in a combat area of the Argonne sector in France when the Armistice was signed.
He married Mabelle Carithers February 5, 1920, at Morning Sun. He farmed for many years in the Oakville community. He was a member of the Hays-Scott Post 112 American Legion and a Mason.
Surviving are his wife; one son, Harold, Dubuque; a daughter, Marilyn Westfall, Columbus Junction; 15 grandchildren and 20 great-grandchildren. A son, Clark Jr., preceded him in death.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Clark Sexton; born: 20 August 1898; died: April 1983; last residence: 52640 (Morning Sun, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: 52640 (Morning Sun, Louisa, Iowa); state where issued: Illinois
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Clark McLaughlin Sexton; Sex: M; Born: 1898; Died or Buried: 1983; Age: 85; Buried: Elmwood (township = Morning Sun); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page MS-70; Notes: born 20 August 1898; died 13 April 1983
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Harry Seymour Sexton, b. 1862, Illinois , d. 29 Jul 1935, Oakville, Louisa County, Iowa |
||Jennie McLaughlin, b. 28 May 1865, Henry County, Illinois , d. 28 May 1948, Gerig Nursing Home, Wayland, Henry County, Iowa |
||Mabelle Margaret Carithers, b. 10 Mar 1897, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 7 Mar 1992, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||5 Feb 1919
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
- There were at least three children from this marriage.
||5 Feb 1920
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [4, 6]
- There were three children from this marriage.
| ||1. Harold Dean Sexton, b. 9 Jul 1920, Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 4 Oct 1990, Mercy Hospital, Dubuque, Dubuque County, Iowa |
| ||2. Marilyn Jane Sexton|
| ||3. Clark Sexton, Jr., b. 6 Dec 1933, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 25 Apr 1970, near Winthrop, Buchanan County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
||Clark McLaughlin Sexton|
This was Clark Sexton's senior class photograph, as published on the 1915 Mediapolis High School graduation class photograph in Mediapolis, Iowa.
- [S283] World Connect - Westfall/Robertson/Sexton: :1760376, (last updated: Fri Feb 8 15:16:39 2002, contact: (not listed)) (Reliability: 3).
- [S7927] Mediapolis High School Graduates 1892-1960 and Class Photos 1914-1960 (Reliability: 3).
- [S19] 1920 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Yellow Spring Township, Des Moines County, Iowa; enumeration district: 29; supervisor's district: 1, sheet number: 5A, page number: 287; enumeration date: January 14/15, 1920
- [S3106] Sexton, Mabelle Margaret (Carithers) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9A, March 8, 1992; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 4).
- [S3105] Sexton, Clark McLaughlin - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper, 1983) (Reliability: 3).
- [S10534] Sexton, Clark McLaughlin - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper, 1983) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 4).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).