1867 - 1952
||Edwin Austin  |
||29 Mar 1867 [2, 3]
||21 Dec 1952
||Burlington Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3]
||22 Dec 1952
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette |
- Edwin Austin, a life resident of Louisa county who lived one mile north of Elrick Junction, died in Burlington hospital December 21, at 5:10 a.m.
Austin was the son of David and Sarah Reed Austin, and was born March 29, 1867. On November 27, 1901, he was married to Ella Hopkins at Monmouth, Illinois. She survives, as do two sons and three daughters: Lloyd Austin, Morning Sun; Harold Austin, Mrs. Maurine Berkhoff and Mrs. Pauline Hayes, all of Wapello, and Mrs. Fern Heckenberg, 406 Hedge street, Burlington.
One son died previously, as did 12 brothers and sisters. Also surviving are eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. The body is at the Dudgeon funeral home, in Wapello.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Austin, Edwin; Sex: M; Born: 1867; Died or Buried: 1952; Age: 85; Buried: Wapello (township = Wapello); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page W-25; Notes: 1867-1952; husband of Ella M. (Hopkins)
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Ella M. Hopkins, b. 1874, d. 1961 |
||27 Nov 1901
||Monmouth, Warren County, Illinois 
- There were six children from this marriage.
| ||1. Harold Austin, b. 1 Oct 1904, near Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 19 Feb 1999, Morning Sun Care Center, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S3102] Austin, Harold - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, February 23, 1999; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3104] Austin, Edwin - Obituary, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, page 21, December 22, 1952; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).