1899 - 1939
||Lillian Lela Jarvis [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] |
||25 Dec 1899
||west of Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 3, 4, 5, 6]
|Iowa Birth Records
- Name: Jarvis; Birth Date: 25 December 1899; Birthplace: Louisa, Iowa; Father's Name: Samuel S. Jarvis; Mother's Name: Sophia Casten; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I01843-1; System Origin: Iowa-EASy; Source Film Number: 1006653; Reference Number: p. 196
||Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- Lillian Oakley, wife, female, white, age 30, married, age at first marriage 20, did not attend school since September 1929, could read and write, born in Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Iowa, state code: 65, could speak English, occupation none
||21 Jul 1939
||Mercy Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [6, 7]
|Cause: heart trouble |
||24 Jul 1939 
||25 Jul 1939
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 6]
||27 Jul 1939
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
|The Morning Sun News-Herald |
- MRS. OLLIE OAKLEY DIES FROM HEART TROUBLE
Last Rites at Presbyterian Church Tuesday.
The sudden death of Mrs. Ollie Oakley, Friday evening, July 21, was a shock to the community. She, with neighbors, had started to the timber tract, northwest of town to gather blackberries, and was stricken with a heart attack on the way there.
She was taken to the home of her parents in the vicinity and later removed to Mercy hospital, Burlington, where she passed away in the evening.
The last rites were held at the Presbyterian church Tuesday afternoon, conducted by the pastor, Reverend O. L. Byrns. Mrs. Guy Wiley, and Mrs. Albert Pogemiller sang, with piano accompaniment by Mrs. Raymond Pogemiller. The interment was at Elmwood cemetery, the pallbearers being Glen Swanson, Sidney Swanson, Dave Kerr, Cecil Grim, John Todd and Walter Cornic.
The following relatives were called here for the funeral services: Mrs. Alma Schwartz of Los Angeles, California; Mr. and Mrs. R. H. Schrimpsher of Richland, Missouri; Mrs. A. W. Wright and son Robert of Kirkwood, Illinois; Miss Elda Jarvis of Kansas City, Missouri; Mr. and Mrs. Don Jarvis and son Billy, Mr. and Mrs. George Oakley and daughter Edna, Mrs. Alice Lakey and Mrs. Myra Recce of Mediapolis; Mr. and Mrs. J. A. Lind, Dorothy Lind and Arthur Lind of Burlinton.
Mr. Oakley and family were soon to move into the new home on the farm they occupy west of town, which replaces the house destroyed by fire last spring.
Lilian Lela, daughter of Samuel and Sophia Jarvis, was born December 25, 1899, two miles west of Morning Sun. There she was reared, attended the district school and grew to womanhood. On March 9, 1921, she was happily united in marriage to George Ollie Oakley of Morning Sun. They have since resided in this community. There came to bless this home one son, Willis Paul. She was a member of the Presbyterian church. While she was rather frail in health she was industrious, always seeking to do her part. She possessed a cheerful disposition and won many friends. She was devoted to her home and will be greatly missed in the home and in the community.
Besides her husband and son and her parents she is survived by four sisters: Mrs. Alma Schwartz of Los Angeles, California; Mrs. Edith Schrimpsher of Richland, Missouri; Mrs. Mabel Wright of Kirkwood, Illinois; Miss Elda Jarvis of Kansas City, Missouri; also by four brothers: Donald Jarvis, Mediapolis, and Arthur, Harold and Clifford Jarvis of this community.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Lillian Lela Oakley Sex: F Born: 1899 Died or Buried: 1939 Age: 40 Buried: Elmwood (township = Morning Sun) County/State: Louisa, Iowa, Military Service: none Book: LCC ©1990 - page MS-63 Notes: born 25 December 1899; died 24 July 1939
||31 Mar 2015 |
||George Oliver "Ollie" Oakley, b. 18 Jul 1894, Terrington, Norfolk, England , d. 11 Dec 1970, near Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
||9 Mar 1921
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4, 6]
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Groom's Name: George Ollie Oakley; Groom's Birth Date: 1894; Groom's Birthplace: Norfolk, England; Groom's Age: 27; Bride's Name: Lillian Lela Jarvis; Bride's Birth Date: 1899; Bride's Birthplace: Morning Sun; Bride's Age: 22; Marriage Date: 9 March 1921; Marriage Place: Burlington, Des Moines, Iowa; Groom's Father's Name: George Oakley; Groom's Mother's Name: Emma Buffham; Bride's Father's Name: Samuel Jarvis; Bride's Mother's Name: Sophia Casten; Groom's Race: White; Groom's Marital Status: Single; Bride's Race: White; Bride's Marital Status: Single; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M02688-8; System Origin: Iowa-EASy; Source Film Number: 1682755; Reference Number: 6518
| ||1. Willis Paul Oakley, b. 1 Sep 1921, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 11 May 2002, Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
|Obituaries, Deaths, Funerals
||Mrs. Ollie Oakley Dies from Heart Trouble; Last Rites at Presbyterian Church Tuesday|
The obituary of Lillian Lela (Jarvis) Oakley. Lillian Jarvis, born Christmas day 1899 near Morning Sun, Iowa, was the first wife of George Oliver "Ollie" Oakley (1894-1970) of Norfolk, England. They had one son, Willis Oakley. Lillian died at age 39 in the Mercy Hospital at Burlington, Iowa, and was buried at Elmwood Cemetery near Morning Sun. Her husband later married Cora "Belle" (Hannah) Walker.
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 4).
- [S2995] Oakley, Willis Paul - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, Friday, May 12, 2002; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa; enumeration district: 58-16, supervisor's district: 16; sheet number: 5A, page number: 85; enumeration date: April 21, 1930
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3215] Iowa Births and Christenings, Iowa County Births (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2979] Oakley, Lillian Lela (Jarvis) - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, July 27, 1939; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S350] Oakley, George Oliver "Ollie" - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, December 17, 1970; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).