1842 - 1906
||David Carmean  |
||28 Dec 1842
||Iowa Territory [1, 2]
||Yellow Spring Township, Des Moines County, Iowa 
- (Married with two daughters:) David Carmean, head of household, married, male, white, age 37, born in Iowa, occupation farmer, father's birthplace Virginia, mother's birthplace Virginia
Sarah Carmean, wife, married, female, white, age 26, born in Pennsylvania, occupation keeps house, father's birthplace Ireland, mother's birthplace (none listed)
Miriam Harriet Carmean, daughter, single, female, white, age 5, born in Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Pennsylvania
Izola Belle Carmean, daughter, single, female, white, age 1, born in Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Pennsylvania
- David was in the military during the Civil War: Company C, 30th Iowa Infantry; later he belonged to the G.A.R.
||26 Oct 1906
||Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa 
||28 Oct 1906 
||28 Oct 1906
||Kossuth Cemetery, Yellow Spring Township, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4]
||2 Nov 1906
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|The Wapello Tribune |
- Last Thursday night after complaining of a pain in his heart, David Carmean suddenly fell from his chair to the floor, and when they reached him he gave one or two gasps and was dead. With his family he was moving from Mediapolis to Northfield, and in the evening about 8 o'clock he went to the store for matches, went home and cut some wood and going into the house he told his wife that his heart was bothering him again. His remains were taken to the home of his son-in-law Wm. Ping, east of Kossuth, from where the funeral was held Saturday, interment being made in the Kossuth cemetery.
Deceased was about 65 years of age. He leaves a wife and seven children to mourn his death.
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Sarah McClintock, b. 1854, Pennsylvania , d. 1930 |
- There were at least seven children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S628] 1880 US Census (Reliability: 3).
From LDS Familysearch.org, online. Census Place: Family History Library Film: Yellow Springs, Des Moines, Iowa; NA Film Number: 1254337; Page Number: T9-0337 23C.
- [S10397] World Connect - Carmean - Newell Family Tree: :2723582, (last updated: 2008-02-05 04:46:19 UTC (Tue), contact Mary Ann Carmean) (Reliability: 3).
- [S507] Des Moines County, Iowa - Cemetery Records (GenWeb) (Reliability: 4).
- [S2801] Carmean, David - Obituary, (originally published in The Wapello Tribune, Friday, November 2, 1906, page 1; Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).