1899 - 1973
||Dorothy Thomas [1, 2] |
||24 Sep 1899
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
- She remarried to C. E. Butcher after the dath of Russell Grim.
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|Wapello High School |
||30 Apr 1973
||Burlington Memorial Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3, 4, 5]
||1 May 1973
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Morning Sun (IA) -- Mrs. Dorothy Butcher. 73, Morning Sun, died Monday. April 30. at Burlington Memorial hospital.
She was burn in Wapello September 24, 1899, to Daniel and Jennie E. McGill Thomas. She married Russell Grim April 27, 1920; he died in 1950. On June 22, 1963, she married C. E. Butcher in Morning Sun.
Mrs. Butcher, a 1917 Wapello high school graduate, taught for many years in Louisa and Muscatine county schools. She was secretary of the Wapello Cemetery Association and a member of First Presbyterian church in Wapello.
Surviving: The husband; sons Neil Grim, Columbus Junction, and Delbert, California; daughter Wanda J. Poggemiller, Wapello; stepson Robert Butcher, at home: stepdaughters Helen Housman, Yarmouth, and Mrs. Eva May Corey, Morning Sun; sister Mrs. Towy Baxter, Morning Sun; 13 grandchildren; 8 great-grandchildren.
Funeral: 2 p.m. Wednesday, First Presbyterian church. Wapello, Reverend Elbert Larvick; Wapello cemetery. The body is at Pierce funeral home, Morning Sun.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Dorothy Grim; Sex: F; Born: 1899; Died or Buried: 1973; Age: 74; Buried: Wapello (township = Wapello); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page W-52; Notes: 1899-1973; wife of J. Russell.
||2 May 1973
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 4]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||James Russell "Russell" Grim, b. 18 Aug 1896, near Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 21 Apr 1950, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
||17 Apr 1920 [1, 4]
| ||1. James Delbert "Delbert" Grim, b. 31 Mar 1921, Iowa , d. 13 Oct 1988, Spokane, Spokane County, Washington |
| ||2. Neil Eugene Grim, b. 8 Nov 1922, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 29 Jun 2013, Halcyon House, Washington, Washington County, Iowa |
|>||3. Wanda Jean Grim|
||21 Jan 2014 |
||Charles Ernest "Jake" Butcher, b. 3 Sep 1897, Brown County, Indiana , d. 18 Mar 1978, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
||22 Jun 1963
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S2151] Grim, James "Russell" - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, April 27, 1950; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S10360] Ancestry Public Member: Alix and Travis Tree (Reliability: 3).
- [S2754] Butcher, Dorothy (Thomas/Grim) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7, May 1, 1973; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4310] Butcher, Charles Earnest "Jake" - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 22, March 19, 1978; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).