1896 - 1950
||James Russell "Russell" Grim [1, 2, 3] |
||18 Aug 1896
||near Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
||21 Apr 1950
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 5]
|Cause: a heart attack |
||23 Apr 1950
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 2]
||27 Apr 1950
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
|The Morning Sun News-Herald |
- RUSSELL GRIM DIES SUDDENLY
Funeral services were held Sunday at the First Presbyterian Church in Wapello for Russell Grim, former Morning Sun man who died suddenly April 21 as he was driving his car along a Wapello street. He had been suffering from a heart ailment for several months. Stricken by the fatal attack as he was returning to his home after taking Mrs. Grim to a beauty parlor, Grim was apparently dead when his car left the street and stopped in a school yard.
The son of Dee and Agnes Bowser Grim, Russell Grim was born on August 18, 1896, near Morning Sun and was widely known in this community. He was married to Dorothy Thomas on April 17, 1920. Surviving are his wife, two sons and one daughter Neil and Delbert Grim and Wanda Jean Pogemiller all of Wapello. Also surviving are his mother, Agnes Grim of Morning Sun, a brother, Vern Grim of Winfield, a sister, Mrs. Leslie Smith of Belmond, and nine grandchildren.
Mr. Grim was a veteran of World War I and a member of the Methodist church and Odd Fellows lodge. Funeral services were in charge of the American Legion and burial was in Wapello Cemetery.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records |
- Name: J. Russell Grim; Sex: M; Born: 1896; Died or Buried: 1950; Age: 54; Buried: Wapello (township = Wapello); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page W-52; Notes: 1896-1950
||29 Jan 2014 |
||Dorothy Thomas, b. 24 Sep 1899, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 30 Apr 1973, Burlington Memorial Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||17 Apr 1920 [1, 5]
| ||1. James Delbert "Delbert" Grim, b. 31 Mar 1921, Iowa , d. 13 Oct 1988, Spokane, Spokane County, Washington |
| ||2. Neil Eugene Grim, b. 8 Nov 1922, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 29 Jun 2013, Halcyon House, Washington, Washington County, Iowa |
|>||3. Wanda Jean Grim|
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S2151] Grim, James "Russell" - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, April 27, 1950; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12711] Grim, Neil Eugene - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper, June or July 2013; republished at Find A Grave) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2151] Grim, James "Russell" - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, April 27, 1950; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa).
- [S2754] Butcher, Dorothy (Thomas/Grim) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7, May 1, 1973; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).