1862 - 1941
||Fannie Nichols  |
||Illinois [2, 3]
||Marshall Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- Fannie Nichols, daughter, single, female, white, age 17, born in Illinois, occupation keeping house, father's birthplace Illinois, mother's birthplace New York
|Iowa State Census
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa
- Fannie Pontzius, age 26, white, born in Louisa County, Iowa
George Pontzius, age 10, white, born in Illinois
Ethel Pontzius, age 7, white, born in Louisa County, Iowa
Howard Pontzius, age 6, white, born in Louisa County, Iowa
Thomas Pontzius, age 3, white, born in Louisa County, Iowa
Forest Pontzius, age 0, white, born in Louisa County, Iowa
John H. Pontzius, age 25, white, born in Louisa County, Iowa
||10 Feb 1941
||near Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 4]
|Cause: pneumonia |
||14 Feb 1941
||Cairo/Fulton Cemetery, Marshall Township, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 4]
||20 Feb 1941
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
|The Morning Sun News-Herald |
- MRS. CLEAVER PONTZIUS DIES WEDNESDAY NIGHT
Last Rites at Wapello Friday Afternoon.
Mrs. Fannie Pontzius, 70, widow of Cleaver Pontzius, died at her home northwest of Morning Sun early Wednesday morning, February 10, following a brief illness with pneumonia.
The last rites will be held at the Methodist church in Wapello Friday afternoon at 2 o'clock, Reverend Jesse Huddle conducting the service with the Pierce funeral home in charge.
The burial will be at the Cairo cemetery.
Mrs. Pontzius was Fannie Nichols before her marriage and was born at Bushnell, Illinois, July 9, 1861. She was married to Cleaver Pontzius in 1882 and lived many years on a farm west of Wapello. Mr. Pontzius died a couple years ago.
Surviving are seven sons and two daughters: Forrest Pontzius of Morning Sun; Thomas of Mediapolis; Howard and Mrs. Arthur Foster of Wapello; Albert and Joseph and Mrs. Alva McCaw of Winfield; Frank of Denver, Colorado, and George of Grand Rapids, Michigan. A sister and a brother, Mrs. William Bolton of Columbus City, and Albert Nichols of Bard, and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren are also living.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Fannie Pontzius; Sex: F; Born: 1862; Died or Buried: 1941; Age: 79; Buried: Fulton/Cairo (township = Marshall); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page M-9; Notes: 1862-1941
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Hiram T. "Cleaver" Pontzius, b. 25 Sep 1856, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 30 Nov 1959, near Winfield, Henry County, Iowa |
||7 Feb 1882
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa
- There were nine children from this marriage.
|>||1. Forrest Glenn Pontzius, b. 8 Aug 1894, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 4 Mar 1969, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S1173] Rootsweb File - Defunct (Reliability: 3).
Pontzious Family in Louisa County, History: former URL: http://www.rootsweb.com/~ialouisa/Pontzious.html
Cannot find at the newer Louisa County, Iowa, GenWeb or Louisa County, Iowa Genealogical Society
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S628] 1880 US Census (Reliability: 3).
From LDS Familysearch.org, online. Source Information: Census Place: Family History Library Film: Marshall, Louisa, Iowa; NA Film Number: 1254350; Page Number: T9-0350 498B.
- [S9950] Pontzius, Fannie (Nichols) - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, February 20, 1941; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).