1922 - 2002
||Remona Evelyn Woodsmall  |
||5 Nov 1922
||Trenton, Henry County, Iowa 
||25 Jul 2002
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Remona Evelyn Pickard, 79, 605 South Locust Street, Mount Pleasant, died at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, July 25, 2002, at Henry County Health Center in Mount Pleasant.
Born November 5, 1922, in Trenton, she was the daughter of Clarence and Florence Trueblood Woodsmall. On June 16, 1946, she married Raymond Lavern Pickard in Mount Pleasant.
Mrs. Pickard was a hairdresser and an assistant at the former Cookes Funeral Home. She also was a telephone operator for the former Mount Pleasant Telephone Company, later known as Gentel, until her retirement in 1983.
She was a member of First Congregational Universalist Church, the women's fellowship of the church and Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary of Mount Pleasant. She was an avid bowler, belonged to several leagues and attended many bowling tournaments around the state. She enjoyed sewing, quilting, cross-stitch and embroidery. Many of the things she made were for the bake sales sponsored by the women's fellowship of her church.
She took great pride in the roses she grew. She also enjoyed walking.
Survivors include her husband; one son, Larry Pickard of San Francisco; two grandchildren; two brothers, Wendell "Barney" Woodsmall of Mount Pleasant and Carl Woodsmall of Las Vegas; and one sister, Betty Mathews of Mount Pleasant.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation will be from 1 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Weir Funeral Home in Mount Pleasant, where the family will receive friends from 3 to 5 p.m.
The funeral for Mrs. Pickard will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Weir Funeral Home, with the Reverend Charles U. Tweed of First Congregational Universalist Church officiating. Burial will be in Forest Home Cemetery.
Memorials have been established for Hope Haven and First Congregational Universalist Church.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Remona E. Pickard; born: 5 November 1922; died: 25 July 2002 (V); last residence: 52641 (Mount Pleasant, Henry, Iowa); state where issued: Iowa
||25 Jul 2002
||Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
||29 Jul 2002
||Forest Home Cemetery, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
||28 Feb 2014 |
||Raymond Lavern Pickard, b. 17 Feb 1924, Washington, Washington County, Iowa , d. 14 Aug 2007, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa |
||16 Jun 1946
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [1, 3]
- Remona Evelyn (Woodsmall) and Raymond Lavern Pickard's grave is located at the Forest Home Cemetery in Center Township, Henry County, Iowa. The epitaph on the stone is: "Pickard. Remona E., November 5, 1922 - Nover 25, 2002. Raymond L., February 17, 1924 - August 14, 2007. Married June 16, 1946. Parents of Larry Stephen."
||The Headstone of Remona Evelyn (Woodsmall) and Raymond Lavern Pickard
||28 Feb 2014 |
- [S2617] Pickard, Remona Evelyn (Woodsmall) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, Thursday, July 25, 2002; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S2618] Pickard, Raymond Lavern - Obituary (Hawk Eye), (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, August 17, 2007; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2616] Pickard, Remona Evelyn (Woodsmall) and Raymond Lavern - Headstone Photograph, (their grave is at the Forest Home Cemetery in Center Township, Henry County, Iowa; photo provided courtesy of "Mo & Dave Gates and No Reins" at Find A Grave (web site); Memorials #: 59165574 & 21033257) (Reliability: 3).