1887 - 1964
||James Henry Alber [1, 2] |
||5 Dec 1887
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3, 4, 5]
||West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
- (Married to Bessie Alber, living with her and son Frank H. Alber:) (Lines 48-50, don't have page 4B) James H. Alber, head of household, rented his home, rent was $16, owned a radio, did not live on a farm, married, white, age 42, married first at age 22, did not attend school during the previous year, could read and write, born in Iowa, father born in Missouri, mother born in Iowa, state code 65, could speak English, occupation laborer, industry lumber company, code 7891, wage earner, not a veteran
|Social Security Administration Information
- James Alber; born: 5 December 1887; died: November 1964; last residence: (Iowa); state where issued: Iowa
||Burlington Memorial Park Cemetery Book records  |
- Name: James H. Alber; Born: 1887; Died: 1964; Epitaph contains:"husband of Bessie"; Garden: Acacia Lawn; Lot: 187; Space: 6
||Nov 1964 [4, 5]
||Burlington Memorial Park Cemetery, West Burlington Township, Des Moines County, Iowa [5, 6]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Bessie Hanks, b. 1889, Pleasant Grove Township, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. Abt 8 Jan 1971 |
||24 Dec 1908
||Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3]
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Groom's Name: James Henry Alber; Groom's Birth Date: 1887; Groom's Birthplace: Burlington Iowa; Groom's Age: 21; Bride's Name: Bessie Hanks; Bride's Birth Date: 1890; Bride's Birthplace: Pleasant Grove Iowa; Bride's Age: 18; Marriage Date: 24 December 1908; Marriage Place: Des Moines, Iowa; Groom's Father's Name: Anton Alber; Groom's Mother's Name: Fannie Carr; Bride's Father's Name: William H Hanks; Bride's Mother's Name: Harriet Mccune; Groom's Race: White; Groom's Marital Status: Single; Bride's Race: White; Bride's Marital Status: Single; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M02530-6; System Origin: Iowa-EASy; Source Film Number: 956360; Reference Number: cn1231; Collection: Iowa Births and Christenings, 1830-1950
- There were two children from this marriage.
| ||1. Frank H. Alber, b. 31 Aug 1910, d. 4 Mar 1936|
|>||2. Delbert P. Alber, b. 10 Dec 1914, New London, Henry County, Iowa , d. 6 Jul 1992, Veterans Administration Hospital, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S882] Orr, Paul Robert "Bob" (Reliability: 3).
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 4).
West Burlington town, Des Moines County, Iowa, Supervisors District 15, Enumeration District 29-23, Sheet #4A, page 145 325?, taken April 3, 1930; Sutro Library Microfilm 2128, Reel 652
- [S776] Social Security Death Index.
- [S4000] Burlington Memorial Park Cemetery Records, (published by the Iowa Genealogical Society, 1983 & 2000, publication #0323; Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S507] Des Moines County, Iowa - Cemetery Records (GenWeb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2551] Alber, Delbert P. - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8B, July 8, 1984; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).