1914 - 2003
||Ella L. Bohlen [1, 2] |
||11 Mar 1914
||Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3]
||5 Nov 2003
||Danville, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3]
||Abt 6 Nov 2003
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Mrs. Ella Bohlen Beckman, 89, of Danville, died on Wednesday, November 5, 2003, at her home.
Born March 11, 1914, in Des Moines County, she was the daughter of Henry and Marie Barklage Bohlen. On September 15, 1933, she married Carl W. Beckman at Danville. He died April 10, 1998.
Mrs. Beckman was a homemaker and farm wife for many years. She was a member of Peace Lutheran Church, rural West Burlington, and W.E.L.C.A. of her church. She enjoyed cooking, sewing and gardening.
She attended Snyder Country School and Danville High School.
Survivors include five sons, Richard C. (Rose Alice) Beckman of Ridgeville Corners, Ohio, Robert W. (Marlene) Beckman of Mediapolis, Jim R. (Donna) Beckman of Mount Pleasant, Donald R. Beckman of Danville, and Rodney (Naomi) Beckman of Stockport; three daughters, Verletta (James) McGlaughlin of Marion, Joyce Beckman and Marjean (Tom) Gerdes both of Danville; 24 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; two brothers, Leo Bohlen of New London and Dale Bohlen of Mount Vernon, Illinois; and two sisters, Ethel Asby of Cedar Rapids and Dorothy Thye of Wever.
Besides her husband, her parents; one daughter-in-law, Barbara Beckman; three sisters and four brothers preceded her in death.
Visitation will be from noon to 4:30 p.m. today in Lunning Chapel. The family will receive friends from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. this evening in Peace Lutheran Church.
The funeral for Mrs. Beckman will be at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 8th at Peace Lutheran Church with the Reverend Gary Boesche officiating. Interment will be in Prairie Grove Cemetery, rural West Burlington.
A memorial has been established for Peace Lutheran Church.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Beckman, Ella L.; born: 11 March 1914; died: 5 November 2003 (V); age: 89; last residence: 52623 (Danville, Des Moines, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||8 Nov 2003
||Prairie Grove Cemetery, Flint River Township, Des Moines County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Carl W. Beckman, b. 26 Jun 1912, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 10 Apr 1998, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||15 Sep 1933
||Danville, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4]
- There were seven children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S882] Orr, Paul Robert "Bob" (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S2548] Beckman, Ella L. (Bohlen) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, about November 6, 2003; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2547] Beckman, Carl W. - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8B, April 12, 1998; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).