1886 - 1963
||Charles Loren Anderson [1, 2, 3] |
||24 Dec 1886
||Mount Union, Henry County, Iowa [2, 4]
- The World Connect Hewitt file at Rootsweb spelled his middle name "Lorine."
||25 Dec 1886
||Henry County, Iowa 
- He was first married to Evalena M. (Swanson) Anderson (1891-1920).
||20 Sep 1963
||Ross Nursing Home, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4]
||23 Sep 1963
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4]
||26 Sep 1963
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
|the Morning Sun News-Herald |
- FUNERAL MONDAY FOR CHAS. ANDERSON
Funeral services were held Monday (September 23, 1963) at the Pierce funeral home for Charles L. Anderson, 76, who died Friday afternoon at the Ross nursing home. Services were conducted by the Reverend A. V. Weigel, pastor of the Morning Sun Methodist church. Burial was in Elmwood cemetery.
Charles Loren Anderson was the son of Pontus and Mary Carlson Anderson and was born in Henry county, Iowa, on December 25, 1886. On February 24, 1915, he was married to Evalena Swanson and they farmed in the Morning Sun community until retiring in 1945. His wife and infant son are dead, Surviving are two sisters, Mrs. Veda Stone, Atkinson, Illinois, and Mrs. Bolon, Winfield. Also surviving are three nieces and four nephews.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Charles L. Anderson; Sex: M; Born: 1886; Died or Buried: 1963; Age: 77; Buried: Elmwood (township = Morning Sun); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page MS-18; Notes: 1886-1963
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Pontius Anderson, b. 1853, d. 26 Mar 1930, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
||Mary Louise Carlson, b. 17 May 1855, Řstergötland, Sweden , d. 28 Dec 1943, Marsh, Louisa County, Iowa |
||24 Oct 1879
||Sweden [5, 6]
- There were six children from this marriage.
||31 Oct 1929
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
|The Morning Sun News-Herald |
- The Pontius Anderson Family Enjoys Reunion.
The descendants of Mr. and Mrs. Pontius Anderson gathered at their home near Mt. Union, Thursday, October 24th, to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary. They were married October 24, 1879, in Wester Harg, Sweden, coming to America 44 years ago. They have resided in the Morning Sun and Mt. Union vicinities ever since. A bounteous cafeteria dinner was served. The centerpiece on the table was a bouquet of gold chrysanthemums. There was also a large cake with fifty candles on it. A present of gold was given Mr. and Mrs. Anderson by the children. There are five children living, one having died in infancy, also ten grandchildren and one great-grandson.
Those present to enjoy this celebration were: Mr. and Mrs. Mart Stone and Isel of Alexis, Illinois; Mr. and Mrs. Jess Stone and Bobby of Yarmouth; Mr. and Mrs. Nels Ross, Walter and Gerald of Winfield; Mr. and Mrs. Glen Cummings of Morning Sun; Mr. and Mrs. Willis Lee, Mr. and Mrs. Tracy Crawford, Harry and Glenn, of Mt. Union; Sophia and Charlie Anderson at home. All the family were present except the grandsons Lester and Elmer Stone of Alexis, Illinois. This couple are prosperous and well respected citizens of their community and after a very enjoyable day, all departed wishing them more happy anniversaries.
- [S377] World Connect - Hewitt :2102659, (last updated: Sat May 25 15:18:36 2002, contact: Daniel Hewit) (Reliability: 3).
- [S337] World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 (ancestry.com and Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S10197] Anderson, Charles Loren - Obituary, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, September 26, 1963; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S7039] Anderson, Pontius and Mary L. (Carlson) - 50th Wedding Anniversary Announcement, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, October 31, 1929; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12729] Anderson, Mary Louise (Carlson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, December 30, 1943; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S5168] Ross, Annie Eligema (Anderson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, page 13, September 3, 1952; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).