1921 - 2010
||Viola Mary Neil [1, 2] |
||2 Mar 1921
||rural Mount Union, Henry County, Iowa [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
|Iowa Wesleyan College |
|an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper; republished at Find A Grave |
- Viola M. Crawford, 88, of rural Olds, died Tuesday, January 5, 2010, at Henry County Health Center in Mount Pleasant.
Born March 2, 1921, in rural Mount Union, she was the daughter of Chester M. and Beulah V. Van Syoc Neil. On November 16, 1945, she married E. Philip Crawford in Mount Union.
Mrs. Crawford was a homemaker. She earned a two-year teaching certificate at Iowa Wesleyan College. She was a member of Olds United Church of Christ where she taught adult Sunday school. She served as a 4-H leader in Olds and as trustee of Henry County Health Center for 18 years. She was a member of Women's Fellowship of Olds UCC, Social Hour Club of Olds, Old Threshers Auxiliary, Henry County Hospital Auxiliary, TTT Chapter L, P.E.O. Chapter GT, Fourth Tuesday Book Club, Henry Co. Art Association, Iowa Amateur Artists Association., Henry County Republican Women and Olds American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed reading, gardening, tending her flowers and water color painting.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Carmen Heaton of Mount Pleasant, Mary E. Crawford of Waterloo and Jo Ellen Schock of Falls City, Nebraska; one son, William P. Crawford of rural Winfield; four grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; four brothers, John Neil of rural Mount Pleasant, Edward Neil of Swedesburg, Wilbur Neil of Gilbertsville, Kansas, and Kendall Neil of Washington; nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, one sister and her parents.
The family will receive friends from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Olds United Church of Christ.
The funeral for Mrs. Crawford will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Olds United Church of Christ with the Revs. Elaine Vass and Hal Schnedler officiating. Burial will be in Winfield Scott Township Cemetery.
A memorial has been established for Henry County Health Center Foundation.
Honts Funeral Home in Winfield is in charge of arrangements.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Name: Viola M. Crawford; Last Residence: 52659 Winfield, Henry, Iowa; Born: 2 March 1921; Died: 5 January 2010; State (Year) SSN issued: Iowa (Before 1951)
||5 Jan 2010
||Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||9 Jan 2010
||Winfield-Scott Township Cemetery, Winfield, Henry County, Iowa [2, 4]
||5 Feb 2014 |
- [S71] U.S. Public Records Index (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S12817] Crawford, Viola Mary (Neil) - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper, January 2010; republished at Find A Grave) (Reliability: 3).