1889 - 1955
||Pearl Watson  |
||21 Feb 1889
||near Glasgow, Jefferson County, Iowa 
||16 Oct 1955
||Burlington Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [1, 2]
||17 Oct 1955
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|the Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette |
- Pearl Watson, Winfield, died In Burlington hospital on October 16. Death was due to a heart ailment. He had been admitted to the hospital on October 14.
Watson was 68 years old. He was the son of Columbus and Elizabeth McDowell Watson, and was born near Glasgow, in Jefferson county, on February 21, 1889. On May 3, 1911, he was married to Ovova (sic) Beauchamp. The lived on the same farm in the Winfield community for 32 years Watson was a member of the Presbyterian church, the Masonic lodge and the Order of Eastern Star.
Surviving are his wife; a son and a daughter, Verl Watson and Mrs. Ray Ross, both ot Winfield; both brothers, John F. Watson of Fairfield and Charles C. Watson of Mount Pleasant, a grandson and three granddaughters.
A half-brother, Ray Watson of Idaho, also survives. A half-brother and two half-sisters died previously.
Ray Ross, son-in-law of Watson, who was badly burned in an explosion two months ago, was dismissed from Burlington hospital a few hours after Watson was admitted.
Funeral services for Watson will be held at the Presbyterian church at 1:30 Tuesday afternoon.
The Reverend C. E. Chandler will officiate, and burial will be in Beauchamp cemetery. The body is at the Barton-McKasson funeral home.
||Find A Grave Memorial# 84097668  |
- His grave is at the Beauchamp Cemetery, Crawfordsville, Washington County, Iowa; memorial provided courtesy of No Reins
There was no headstone photo online at the Find A Grave web site as of September 2012
||18 Oct 1955
||Beauchamp Cemetery, Crawfordsville, Washington County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Ovoca Beauchamp, b. 3 Mar 1894, Washington County, Iowa , d. 17 Jul 1975, Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
||3 May 1911
||Washington County, Iowa [1, 2]
|>||1. Gladys Marie Watson, b. 14 Nov 1911, near Winfield, Henry County, Iowa , d. 23 Oct 1999, Winfield, Henry County, Iowa |
| ||2. Verl F. Watson, b. 20 Aug 1919, Winfield, Henry County, Iowa , d. 17 Jun 1990, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S1623] Gipple, Ovoca (Beauchamp/Watson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8, July 18, 1975; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2420] Watson, Pearl - Obituary, (originally published in the Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, page 13, October 17, 1955; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).