1927 - 2013
||Lois Ann Thibodeau [1, 2] |
||29 Aug 1927
||Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan 
- Lois Ann Thibodeau, daughter, female, white, age 2 8/12, single, did not attend schoool during the previous year, could read and write (sic), born in Michigan, father born in Michigan, mother born in Michigan, state code 62, could speak English, occupation none
||Mesick, Wexford County, Michigan 
|an unknown Michigan newspaper; republished at Find a Grave |
- Lois Ann Umphrey, of Mesick, Michigan, passed away Friday, June 26, 2013, at Cherry Hill Haven Nest in Traverse City, Michigan. She was 85 years old.
She was born August 29, 1927, in Pontiac, Michigan, to Jack E. and Bertha M. (McIver) Thibodeau, and they preceded her in death. Mrs. Umphrey married Paul E. Umphrey on August 28, 1943, and he preceded her in death on January 12, 2007.
Mrs. Umphrey had lived in the Mesick area since 1971 and had been employed at the Osteopathic Hospital in Traverse City in the housekeeping department. She was a life member of the AMVETS Auxiliary of Mesick. Mrs. Umphrey enjoyed going to the casino, mushroom picking, afternoon rides, and visiting with people.
She is survived by her sons, Steven (Terese) Umphrey of Cheboygan and Thomas "Mike" (Dawn) Umphrey of Roscommon; 11 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Mary Brown of Waterford.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son, Paul Umphrey, Jr. and a daughter, Sharon Aldrich.
Private family services will be held at a later date. Her final resting place will be Antioch Township Cemetery. The family would like to give a special thanks to the staff of Cherry Hill Haven Nest and Hospice of Michigan.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
Arrangements were made by the Peterson Funeral Home in Cadillac. An online guest book is available at www.petersonfh.com.
- Lois has lived in Mesick, Michigan, as well as Pontiac and Detroit.
||Methodist  |
||26 Jun 2013
||Cherry Hill Haven Nest, Traverse City, Grand Traverse County, Michigan 
||Antioch Township Cemetery, Mesick, Wexford County, Michigan 
||8 Mar 2014 |
||Johnathan Edwards "Jack" Thibodeau, b. 1901, Michigan , d. Yes, date unknown |
||Bertha Mae McIver, b. 9 May 1903, Superior Township, Chippewa County, Michigan , d. Yes, date unknown |
||30 Sep 1922
||Port Huron, St. Clair County, Michigan 
|Michigan Marriage Records
- Groom's Name: Jonathan Thibodeau; Groom's Age: 21 years; Groom's Birth Date: 1901; Groom's Birthplace: Michigan; Bride's Name: Bertha McIvor; Bride's Age: 19 years; Bride's Birth Date: 1903; Bride's Birthplace: Michigan; Marriage Date: 30 September 1922; Marriage Place: Port Huron, St Clair, Michigan; Groom's Father: Gilbert Thibodeau; Groom's Mother: Minnie Bowen; Bride's Father: Norman McIvor; Bride's Mother: Abbie Miles; Film Number: 2342751; Frame Number: (nothing); Digital Folder Number: 4210110; Image Number: 368; Reference Number: v 7 rn 17431; Collection: Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925
||Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey, Sr., b. 7 Sep 1924, Mercy Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 12 Jan 2007, Mercy Hospital, Cadillac, Wexford County, Michigan |
||28 Aug 1943
||Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan [1, 3, 4]
||30 Apr 1953
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
|the Morning Sun News-Herald |
- Called to Morning Sun to funeral services for Mrs. Margaretta (sic) Howey were David Howey and son, Dennis, Mr. and Mrs. Roy Fortner, Mrs. Lloyd Allen, Mr. and Mrs. Tom Umphrey, Mr. and Mrs. Paul Umphrey and Paul Jr., all of Detroit, Michigan; Sam C. Walker, Mr. and Mrs. William Walker, all of Marion, Iowa; Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Elaine Dotson and Sylvia, Fort Madison; Mr. and Mrs. George Walker, Mrs. Arm(?) (sic: Arnold) Brunk, West Burlington; Mr. and Mrs. Ted Dotson, Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Walker, Doris and Wilda, Mrs. Bill Brumm, all of New London; Mrs. Bill Lox, Oquawka, Illinois; James Walker, Winfield; Mr. and Mrs. John Russell, Wapello.
||Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan 
||Mesick, Wexford County, Michigan 
|>||1. Paul Eugene "Paulie" Umphrey, Jr., b. 23 Apr 1944, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan , d. 16 Jul 1967, Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan |
|>||2. Sharon Louise Umphrey, b. 21 Sep 1948, Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan , d. 21 Jun 2012, Cadillac, Wexford County, Michigan |
|>||3. Steven Lynn "Steve" Umphrey|
|>||4. Thomas Michael "Mike" Umphrey|
» Slide Show
||Lois Ann (Thibodeau), Paul Eugene "Paulie" Umphrey Jr. and Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey Sr.|
One of a series of family photographs taken likely on a Sunday morning, probably about 1950, in Michigan. The family of Tubby Umphrey is in this photograph: Lois, Paulie, and Tubby. (Tubby's sister Thelma Verlee (Umphrey) Allen is standing on the far right behind the Umphreys.)
||A Walker Family Reunion in About 1946|
Based upon the ages of those who are children in this photograph, it was likely taken in about 1946. Several family members helped in its identification (I am a bit unsure about several of them). This photograph was provided courtesy of Carol Ann Kelley. Several persons could not be identified positively due to their placement or the overall quality of the photograph, and one child does not seem to fit at this date with family members, but generally it is correct.
Those who were at this reunion were: Gerald Wayne Kimble, Jennie "Reil" (Hannah) Walker, Verona Violet (Dotson) Walker, Leonard "Max" Dotson, Elaine Ida (Brown) Dotson, Theodore Roosevelt "Ted" Dotson, (Probably) Paul Eugene "Paulie" Umphrey Jr., Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey Jr., Lois Ann (Thibodeau) Umphrey, Zella "Myrtle" (Walker) Dotson, Margaret Leora (Lesher) Walker, Wilda Maxine (Walker) Thomas, Wilda "Marguerite" (Wyerman) Walker, Elizabeth Etta "Betty" (Hatt) Walker, Samuel Clinton "Sam" Walker, William David "Bill" Walker, Doris Idella Walker, Thomas Clifford "Cliff" Walker, Mazie Ella Walker-Belles, Unknown (Possibly Vera Marie "Jakie" Walker), David Floyd "Dave" Howey, Margretta Mae (Umphrey) Howey, Flossie Zella (Walker) Russell, Ted L. Belles, Jerry Dean Walker, Gary Lynn Walker, George Percy Walker, Robert Charles "Bob" Walker, John Franklin Russell, (probably) Jean Louise Walker, Carol Sue Belles, and Samuel Nathaniel "Sam" Walker.
||The Extended Families of Maude Mae (Walker/Umphrey) Fortner|
On what certainly seems to be a Sunday morning, possibly spring, these family members posed together
Back row, left to right: Margretta Mae (Umphrey) Howey, Lloyd Smith Allen, Paul Eugene "Paulie" Umphrey Jr. Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey Sr., Roy Grant Fortner, David Floyd "Dave" Howey.
Middle row, left to right: Thomas Umphrey, Helen Marie (Collingwood) Umphrey, Maude Mae (Walker/Umphrey) Fortner, Thelma (Umphrey) Allen; standing on the higher step: Sandra Kay "Sandy" Umphrey.
Front row left to right: Lois Ann (Thibodean) Umphrey, Phyllis Ann Allen, Paul Lloyd Allen.
||Umphrey Children Cousins|
The children of Tom and Helen (Collingwood) Umphrey and of Paul "Tubby" and Lois (Thibodeau) Umphrey in about 1952, left to right: Carol Ann, Sandra Kay "Sandy," Paul Eugene "Paulie" Jr., and Sharon Louise Umphrey. These families live in Michigan.
|Allen and Umphrey Cousins|
Left to right, the children in this photograph are: Sharon Louise Umphrey, Carol Ann Umphrey, Pamela Sue "Pam" Allen, and Steven Lynn "Steve" Umphrey. Sharon and Steve are the children of Tubby and Lois Umphrey, Carol is the daughter of Tom and Helen Umphrey, and Pam, the daughter of Thelma and Lloyd Allen. Steve seems to have suffered an accident and is preoccupied with anything other than the serious photography going on! (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
||Umphrey Cousins in About 1954|
Sandra Kay "Sandy" Umphrey is the tall girl in the back in this picture; the front row are siblings, Sharon Louise Umphrey, Steven Lynn "Steve" Umphrey, and Sandy's sister, Carol Ann Umphrey.
||Maude Mae (Walker/Umphrey) Fortner with the Families of Her Sons, Thomas Samuel "Tom" Umphrey, and Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey|
This photograph, provided by Carol Kelley, was taken in 1955 or 1956 "on Golden Gate" (the street) in either Detroit or suburban Detroit, Michigan. The children of Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey Sr. and Lois Ann (Thibodeau) Umphrey in this photograph were: Paul Eugene "Paulie" Umphrey Jr., Steven Lynn "Steve" Umphrey, Thomas Michael "Mike" Umphrey, and Sharon Louise Umphrey. The daughters of Thomas Samuel "Tom" Umphrey and Helen Marie (Collingwood) Umphrey were: Carol Ann Umphrey and Sandra Kay "Sandy" Umphrey.
Maude Mae (Walker/Umphrey) Fortner was the mother of Paul Sr. and Tom Umphrey.
||Maude Fortner With Her Umphrey and Allen Relatives on a Cold Night|
Left to right, back row, in this photograph, are: Maude Mae (Walker/Umphrey) Fortner, Helen Marie (Collingwood) Umphrey, Thelma Verlee (Umphrey) Allen, and Lloyd Smith Allen. In the front are Steven Lynn "Steve" Umphrey, Carol Ann Umphrey, and Sharon Louise Umphrey. Taken in about 1956.
|Thomas Michael "Mike" Umphrey, Pamela Sue Allen, and Steven Lynn "Steve" Umphrey|
Pam Allen, in the middle is being friendly with her cousins Mike and Steve Umphrey. Taken in Michigan, about 1957, courtesy of Sandy Pillsbury and Carol Kelley. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
||Lois and Tubby Umphrey in 1968|
Lois Ann (Thibodeau) and Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey Sr. (1924-2007), who live(d) in Michigan, photographed in 1968, provided courtesy of Carol Kelley.
||Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey Sr. and his son, Thomas Michael "Mike" Umphrey|
Tubby Umphrey and his son, Mike, were photographed at a birthday party for their sister/aunt Thelma Verlee (Umphrey) Allen Bearde, apparently in about 1990.
||Lois Umphrey, Her Daughter, Sharon Aldrich, and Her Granddaughters|
This is a three-generation photograph with Lois Ann (Thibodeau) Umphrey sitting on the front right, her daughter Sharon (Umphrey) Aldrich to her left, and, left to right in the back row are three daughters of Sharon's, Kimberly Ann "Kim" Runyon, Jennifer Lynn "Jenny" Marino, and Shannon Louise Aldrich. This photograph was published on Shannon Aldrich's Facebook pages as of August 2010.
|Obituaries, Deaths, Funerals
||The Funeral Report from Margretta Mae (Umphrey) Howey's Funeral|
Those who attended Margretta's funeral came from Detroit, Michigan, Marion, Fort Madison, West Burlington, Wapello, and New London, Iowa, and Oquawka, Illinois. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
||21 Jan 2014 |
||Lois Ann (Thibodeau) Umphrey|
Lois Umphrey is the daughter of Jonathan Edwards "John" and Bertha Mae (McIver) Thibodeau. Her family has both Canadian and Michigan roots. She married Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey Sr. (1924-2007) August 28, 1943, in Pontiac, Michigan. They had four children. Son Paul Eugene "Paulie" Jr. died in a motorcycle accident in 1967 at age 23. Their daughter was Sharon Louise Aldrich (1948-2012). Two other sons are Steven Lynn "Steve" Umphrey and Thomas Michael "Mike" Umphrey. All of these people and their families presently (2010) live in Michigan. This photograph was published on Shannon Aldrich's (1948-2012) Facebook pages as of August 2010.
||Helen Marie (Collingwood) Umphrey, Thelma Verlee (Umphrey/Allen) Bearde, and Lois Ann (Thibodeau) Umphrey|
This photograph was taken of Helen Umphrey and Thelma Bearde at Thelma's 85th birthday party and family reunion in 2002. To the right of Thelma, somewhat in the shadows, is her other sister-in-law, Lois Ann Umphrey
- [S27] Kimble, Marjorie Naomi "Marge" (Walker).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 4).
Pontiac city, Oakland County, Michigan; Enumeration District #63-61; Supervisor's District #14; Sheet 28B; Page 461?; April 18, 1930
- [S181] Pilling, Ray Wayne "R. W." (deceased) (Reliability: 3).
- [S258] Umphrey, Lois Ann (Thibodeau) - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown Michigan newspaper, June 2013; republished at Find a Grave) (Reliability: 3).
- [S275] Umphrey, Paul Eugene "Tubby" (Sr.) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of the Cadillac News, January 16, 2007; Cadillac, Wexford County, Michigan) (Reliability: 3).
- [S182] Kelley, Carol Ann (Umphrey) - Email (Reliability: 3).
- [S273] Michigan Marriages, 1822-1925 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S6] Howey, Margretta Mae (Umphrey) - Funeral Attendance, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, page 5, April 30, 1953; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S184] Fortner, Maude Mae (Walker/Umphrey) - Obituary, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye, page 3, December 20, 1970; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S178] Bearde, Thelma Verlee (Umphrey/Allen) (Reliability: 4).