1886 - 1991
||Charles Joseph Orr [1, 2] |
||1 Jun 1886
||Delaware County, Iowa [3, 4, 5]
||29 Jul 1991
||Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4, 5]
||31 Jul 1991
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Charles J. Orr, 105, of 705 Cedar Lane, Mount Pleasant, died at 5:50 p.m. Monday, July 29, 1991, at Burlington Medical Center.
Born June 1, 1886, in Delaware County, he was the son of Cameron J. and Mary M. Coral Orr. He married Louise B. Eggiman March 15, 1911, in Delaware County. She died September 3, 1968.
He farmed in Delaware, Des Moines and Henry counties and was a carpenter at the Iowa Army Ammunition Plant and in the Sparta, Wisconsin, area. He was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Mount Pleasant.
Surviving are three sons, Lloyd A. Orr, rural Mount Pleasant, Paul C. Orr, Mediapolis, and Charles Orr, Antioch, California; five daughters, Mrs. Mary (Roy) Thomas, Mediapolis, Carolena L. Orr, Fort Madison, Mrs. Dorothy (Robert) Burns, rural Mount Pleasant, Mrs. Arlene (Richard) Seager, Milan, Illinois, and Mrs. LaVanda (Frank) Miller, Mount Pleasant; 22 grandchildren; 50 great-grandchildren; and 14 great-great-grandchildren.
Visitation will begin at noon Thursday with the family receiving friends from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Weir Funeral Home in Mount Pleasant.
The service for Mr. Orr will be 1:30 p.m. Friday at the First United Methodist Church in Mount Pleasant with the Reverend Deborah Kiesey officiating.
Burial will be in the Kossuth Cemetery, east of Mediapolis. A memorial has been established for the First United Methodist Church.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Charles J. Orr; born: 1 June 1886; died: 29 July 1991; state where issued: Iowa
||2 Aug 1991
||Kossuth Cemetery, Yellow Spring Township, Des Moines County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Louise Bertha Eggimann, b. 27 Mar 1891, d. 3 Sep 1968, Henry County Memorial Hospital, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa |
||15 Mar 1911
||Delaware County, Iowa 
| ||1. Mary Elizabeth Orr, b. 17 Nov 1911, Delaware County, Iowa , d. 18 Sep 1997, rural Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa |
|>||2. Paul Carl Orr, b. 30 Aug 1913, Manchester, Delaware County, Iowa , d. 20 Jan 2003, Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
| ||3. Karolena L. Orr, b. 7 Oct 1915, Delaware County, Iowa , d. 1 Dec 2005, Park Place Care Center, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa |
|>||4. Joseph Charles "Charles" Orr, b. 25 Mar 1918, Honey Creek Township, Delaware County, Iowa , d. 17 May 1998, Queen of the Valley Hospital, Napa County, California |
| ||5. Dorothy Mae Orr, b. 17 Jan 1920, Delaware County, Iowa , d. 14 May 2009, Grapevine, Tarrant County, Texas |
| ||6. Lloyd Andrew Orr|
| ||7. Arlene B. Orr|
| ||8. Lavonda Lucille "Bonnie" Orr, b. 11 Dec 1929, d. 19 Apr 2003, Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S1185] Orr, Paul Carl and Dorothy Louise (Pilling) - 60th Wedding Anniversary Announcement, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, Monday, October 7, 1996; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S2205] Orr, Joseph "Charles" - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, Tuesday, June 9, 1998; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S2204] Orr, Charles Joseph - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 11A, July 31, 1991; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4109] World Connect - Genealogy as History - Every Life has a Story: cuatroake, (last updated: 2012-06-11 22:55:35 UTC (Mon), contact Rebekah Teubner) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).