1923 - 2009
||Merle Delbert Jones [1, 2, 3] |
||10 Mar 1923
||Delta, Keokuk County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||22 Jun 2009
||Sperry, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4]
||24 Jun 2009
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Merle Delbert Jones, 86, of Burlington, died at 4:30 p.m. Monday, June 22, 2009, in Sperry.
Born March 10, 1923, in Delta, he was the son of William Delbert and Mabel Christina Young Jones. On June 15, 1951, he married Opal P. Van Etten in Burlington.
Mr. Jones worked eight years at LaMont Limited and 11 years at Burlington Municipal Waterworks. He served in the Army during World War II. He was of the Lutheran faith. He was a member of American Legion and VFW.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Sherry Issacs of Texas, and Rhonda Warth of Sperry; one son, Kenneth D. Jones of Danville; 11 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, five brothers and one sister.
Friends may call from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. today at Prugh's Chapel in Burlington.
The graveside service with military rites for Mr. Jones will be at 10 a.m. Thursday in Memorial Park Cemetery in Burlington with the Reverend Ed Bunt officiating.
Memorials have been established for Area Veterans Honor Guard and Great River Hospice House.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Merle D. Jones; born: 10 March 1923; died: 22 June 2009 (V); last residence: 52650 (Sperry, Des Moines, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 480-18-1183; state where issued: Iowa
||25 Jun 2009
||Burlington Memorial Park Cemetery, West Burlington Township, Des Moines County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
- [S2101] Van Etten, Zelma Rose (Walker) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, February 7, 2002; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S443] anybirthday.com (Reliability: 2).
- [S2103] Jones, Merle Delbert - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, June 24, 2009; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).