1887 - 1963
||Vernon Le Grand Blanck [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||25 Sep 1887
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [4, 5, 6]
|Iowa State Census
||Flint River Township, Des Moines County, Iowa 
- (Married to Mae, living with her and children: Lola, Viola, and Beulah Blanck:) Line number: 69: 1315 Birdie: Vernon Blanck, head of household, male, white, age 36, married, rented, amount of rent: $35, number of years in the U.S.: 36, number of years in Iowa: 36, attended grade school, state highest grade (1-8): 8, could read, could write, place of birth: Iowa, name of father: William Blanck, father's birthplace: Iowa, father's age at last birthday: 67, name of mother: Anna Saunders, mother's birthplace: Iowa, mother's age at last birthday: 66, place of marriage of parents: Grand View, Iowa, occupation laborer or unclassified, church affiliation: Methodist
|Social Security Administration Information
- Vernon Blanck; born: 2 May 1902; died: September 1980; last residence: 52601 (Burlington, Des Moines, Iowa); last benefit: 52601 (Burlington, Des Moines, Iowa); state where issued: Iowa
||31 Dec 1963
||Lake Ozark, Miller County, Missouri [5, 8]
||3 Jan 1964
||Burge Cemetery, New London, Henry County, Iowa [5, 8]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Mae Carol Bazel, b. 19 Sep 1888, north of Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 6 Jun 1958, New London, Henry County, Iowa |
||14 Feb 1912
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [6, 9]
||12 Sep 1946
||New London, Henry County, Iowa 
| ||1. Lola Mae Blanck, b. 19 Jan 1913, Yarmouth, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 12 Sep 2002, Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
| ||2. Viola Farrel Blanck, b. 29 Aug 1916, Iowa , d. 13 Jan 2002|
| ||3. Beulah Christianna Blanck|
||21 Jan 2014 |
||Lillian (Unknown), d. 30 Dec 1963, Lake Ozark, Miller County, Missouri |
||9 Jan 1964
||Roland, Story County, Iowa 
|The Roland Record |
- Former resident is accident victim
Mr, and Mrs. Vernon Blanck of New London were killed in an auto collision Monday, December 30, at Lake Ozark, Missouri, where they had moved just a few days earlier. Mrs. Blanck is the former Mrs. Lillian Ferkin, formerly of Roland.
The couple was killed about 11 p.m. when the two cars hit head-on at the crest of a hill. Mrs. Blanck was killed outright. Her husband died about 9 a.m. Tuesday of his injuries.
The couple had operated a nursing home at New London, in southeast Iowa, and had purchased a retirement home in the Ozarks at Paradise Point.
Survivors include the following children: Mrs. Marlene Blythe of Burlington; Dorothy Peters of Lohrville; Mrs. Helen Throckmorton of Kelley; Joe Ferkin of Roland; Mrs. Frank Lundom (sic) of New London; Mrs. Murray Sellers of Ottawa, Illinois; and Mrs. Paul Schenk of Wheatridge, Colorado; and also 12 grandchildren.
Double funeral services were held Friday, January 3, at New London. Mrs. Blanck was buried in the Roland cemetery, and Mr. Blanck in the New London cemetery.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S2057] Bazel, Christianna "Tan" (Walker) - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, Thursday, September 12, 1946; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S767] Imm, Sharon "Sherry" (Walker) - Email (Reliability: 3).
- [S4045] Lundin, Lola Mae (Blanck) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, September 14, 2002; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S337] World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 (ancestry.com and Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S476] Burge Cemetery, Henry County, Iowa - Burials, (published by the Iowa Genealogical Society, 1987, publication #0335; Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S38] 1925 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa; Roll: IA1925_1691
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S4044] Blanck, Vernon Le Grand and Lillian (Ferkin) - Obituary, (originally published in The Roland Record, front page, January 9, 1964; Roland, Story County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2058] Blanck, Mae Carol (Bazel) - Obituary, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, June 12, 1958; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).