1914 - 2003
||Viola Mae Adamson [1, 2] |
||26 May 1914
||Bard, Louisa County, Iowa 
||10 May 2003
||Prairie Ridge Care and Rehabilitation, Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa 
||14 May 2003
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||15 May 2003
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|The Wapello Republican |
- Viola Mae Meyerholz, 88, a long time resident of Wapello, died Saturday morning, May 10, 2003, at Prairie Ridge Care and Rehab in Mediapolis. The daughter of John W. and Rosa Rahmiller Adamson, she was born May 26, 1914, at Bard, Iowa. She married F. Paul Meyerholz on January 30, 1941, at Burlington. He preceded her in death June 11, 1998.
Viola had attended the Ferndale School in Louisa County. She and her husband Paul owned and farmed a century farm. She was of the Christian faith and was a member of the Sunshine Club.
Survivors include one son, Lloyd and Ruth Meyerholz of Wapello; one daughter, Doris and Michael Hult of Burlington; six grandchildren, David Meyerholz, Penny Meyerholz, Jeff Meyerholz, Melissa Hult, Jonathan Hult, Stephanie Gipple; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband Paul, two brothers and two sisters.
The funeral service was held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home in Wapello with the Reverend Jason Unzicker officiating. Music included selected recordings of "In The Garden" and "Beyond the Sunset." Burial followed at the Wapello Cemetery. Pallbearers were David Meyerholz, Jeff Meyerholz, Penny Meyerholz, Michael Hult, James Gipple, and Don Williams.
The family met with friends from 10 to 10:30 at the funeral home prior to the service.
A memorial fund has been established for the benefit of the Louisa County Home Caring Services.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Viola M. Meyerholz; born: 26 May 1914; died: 10 May 2003 (V); last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||31 Mar 2015 |
||John W. Adamson, b. 12 May 1870, near Winfield, Henry County, Iowa , d. 15 Aug 1935, near Columbus City, Louisa County, Iowa |
||Rosa Rahmiller, b. 18 Apr 1874, Iowa , d. 11 Apr 1932 |
||5 Sep 1895
||Louisa County, Iowa 
- There were seven children from this marriage.
||Frank Paul "Paul" Meyerholz, b. 23 Dec 1911, Iowa , d. 11 Jun 1998, Colonial Manor Nursing Home, Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa |
||30 Jan 1941
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S1981] Meyerholz, Frank "Paul" - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, Monday, June 15, 1998; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1635] Meyerholz, Viola Mae (Adamson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Wapello Republican, May 15, 2003; Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S26] Iowa Marriages, 1851-1900 (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 4).