1918 - 2002
||Jack L. Birkenstock [1, 2] |
||3 Oct 1918
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3, 4, 5]
||30 Mar 2002
||West Salem, Wayne County, Ohio [2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
||4 Apr 2002
||Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio 
|Grace Brethren Church |
- Jack remarried to Frances Domers in 1997.
||Between Mar and Apr 2002
|an unknown Ohio newspaper; republished at Find A Grave |
- Jack L. Birkenstock, 83, 7130 Cedar Valley Road, died Saturday, March 30, 2002, at his home.
Services will be Thursday at 10:30 a.m. at Grace Brethren Church in Wooster with the Reverend George Peters and Father Carl Uhler officiating. Burial will be Friday at 2:30 p.m. at Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery.
Friends may call Wednesday from 5-7 p.m. at Murray Funeral Home in Creston.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Wayne County, 2525-A Back Orrville Road, Wooster 44691.
He was born October 3, 1918, in Burlington, Iowa, to Roy and Caroline (Friedel) Birkenstock. He married Frances Domers on March 29, 1997. She survives.
Surviving in addition to his wife are a son, John Birkenstock of Long Beach, Mississippi; stepchildren, Dean (Kelly) Domers of Walton, Kentucky, Craig Domers of Akron and Theresa Domers of Lincoln, Nebraska; three grandchildren; a great-granddaughter and three brothers, Tom (Sue) Birkenstock, Burlington, Iowa; Richard (Jenny) Birkenstock of San Marco, Califorania and Dan (Mary) Birkenstock of Tomahawk, Wisconsin.
He was preceded in death by his wives, Patricia (Bowen) Birkenstock and Christine (Camp) Birkenstock.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Jack L. Birkenstock; born: 3 October 1918; died: 30 March 2002 (V); last residence: 44287, (West Salem, Wayne, Ohio); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
|Ohio Death Records
- Name: Jack L Birkenstock; Birth Date: 3 October 1918; Birth State: Iowa; Birth Country: United States; Gender: Male; Race: White; Hispanic Origin: Not Hispanic (Latino); Residence County: Wayne; Residence State: Ohio; Residence Zip Code: 44287; Residence Country: United States; Death Date: 30 March 2002; Death Time: 4:45 p.m.; Hospital of Death: Home; County of Death: Wayne; Certificate: 025911; Age at Death: 83; Registrar's Certificate Number: 00187; Certifier: Physician; Referred to Coroner: No; Autopsy: No; Method of Disposition: Cremation; Filing Date: 3 April 2002; Hospital Status: Other/Residence; Social Security Number: 483-09-2759; Father's Surname: Birkenstock; Mother's Maiden Name: Friedel; Marital Status: Married; Education: 16; Armed Forces Indicator: Yes; Branch of Service: US Air Force; Primary Registration District: 8500
||5 Apr 2002
||Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery, Rittman, Medina County, Ohio [4, 5]
||21 Feb 2014 |
||M. Patricia Bowen, b. 22 Jun 1920, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 20 Jun 1989, Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia |
||22 Sep 1944
||White Sulphur Springs, Greenbrier County, West Virginia [2, 7]
- There was one son from this marriage.
||21 Feb 2014 |
- [S33] Conwell, Joy Lynn (Ferguson) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1937] World Connect - The Descendants of John Bowen and Mary Burton of Virginia, Michigan, and Illinois: laharpemax10, (last updated: 2012-04-06 15:21:02 UTC (Fri), contact Max E. Bowen) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13072] Birkenstock, Jack L. - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown Ohio newspaper, March or April 2002; republished at Find A Grave) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2293] Ohio Deaths, assorted years (Ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1964] Birkenstock, M. Patricia (Bowen) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 4B, June 21, 1989; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).