1879 - 1971
||Emma Adeline Conrad [1, 2] |
||4 Apr 1879
||Henry County, Iowa 
||14 May 1879
||Noble, Washington County, Iowa 
||Crawford Township, Washington County, Iowa 
- Emma Conrad, daughter, single, female, white, age 1, born in Ohio, father's birthplace Ohio, mother's birthplace Ohio
|Iowa State Census
||Winfield, Henry County, Iowa 
- Adeline Marshall, Card Number: 858; Post Office Address: Winfield: Winfield, Henry County, Iowa; Roll: IA_90
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: James Alexander & Emma (Conrad) Marshall; Born: 0; Died or Buried: 0; Age: 0; Buried: Wapello (township = Wapello); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page W-72; Notes: Blanche Catherine (Marshall) McCONAHAY; [CRR]
||1 Aug 1971
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Daniel Conrad, b. 11 Jun 1833, Wayne County, Ohio , d. 24 May 1901, Washington County, Iowa |
||Catherine Ziegler, b. 22 Feb 1844, Wayne County, Ohio , d. 22 Apr 1881, Henry County, Iowa |
||14 Jan 1869 
- There were at least nine children from this marriage.
||James Alexander Marshall, Sr., b. 11 Dec 1874, Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia , d. 12 Oct 1956, Olds, Henry County, Iowa |
||16 Apr 1901 
||21 Apr 1955
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
|The Mt. Pleasant News |
- Honored On 54th Wedding Anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. J. A. Marshall were honored on their 54th wedding anniversary with a family cooperative dinner. The table was decorated with a three tier anniversary cake decorated with yellow roses and a 54 on the top tier.
They were presented with a wrought iron television stand.
Those present were: Mr. and Mrs. J. A. Marshall of Olds, Mr. and Mrs. Clyde J. Adams of Richland, Washington, Supt. and Mrs. J. C. Linch, Jessie, Jimmy, and Nancy of Parson; Mrs. Alfred Aldin and David of Seattle, Washington; Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert Marshall, Mrs. Don Keltner, Pamelia and Mark, Mr. Paul Marshall and Miss Marjorie Robertson, all of Morning Sun; Mr. and Mrs. Elwood Marshall and Karen Ruth of Ft. Madison; Mr. and Mrs. Russell McConahay, Keith and Mike, Mrs. Leslie Perkins, Mr. and Mrs. Dean McKinney, Sandra and Jerry, all of Wapello; Miss Marjorie McConahay of Burlington; Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Marshall, Eleanore, Phillip, and Barbara of Winfield, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Stephens, Elaine, Peggy and Susan of Mt. Pleasant.
||The 54th Wedding Anniversary Announcement of James Alexander and Emma Adeline (Conrad) Marshall
James and Emma were married April 16, 1901.
|>||1. Thelma Alberta Marshall, b. 27 Feb 1902, d. 12 Dec 1973|
|>||2. Gilbert Conrad "Gib" Marshall, b. 10 Aug 1903, near Winfield, Henry County, Iowa , d. 20 Apr 1998, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
|>||3. Blanche Catherine Marshall, b. 11 Feb 1905, Olds, Henry County, Iowa , d. 30 Jan 1979, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
|>||4. Phillip Wesley "Phil" Marshall, Sr., b. 2 Nov 1908, Swedesburg, Henry County, Iowa , d. 9 Jan 2008, Rogers, Hennepin County, Minnesota |
| ||5. Lucille Mae Marshall, b. 18 May 1911, d. 26 Feb 2002|
| ||6. George Elmer Marshall, b. 2 Dec 1912, d. Aug 1984|
| ||7. Inez Adeline Marshall, b. 23 Nov 1914, d. 26 Sep 2000|
| ||8. James Alexander Marshall, Jr., b. 12 Jul 1917, d. Abt 9 Jan 1945, Europe |
| ||9. Doris Ruth Marshall, b. 28 Nov 1920, d. 13 Dec 1999|
|>||10. Lorna Louise Marshall|
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S320] Marshall, Gilbert Conrad "Gib" - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, Saturday, April 25, 1998; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1834] World Connect - 27530: :a27530, (last updated: Sat Aug 25 14:54:01 2001, contact Unknown) (Reliability: 3).
- [S628] 1880 US Census (Reliability: 3).
From LDS Familysearch.org, online. Census Place: Family History Library Film: Crawford, Washington, Iowa; NA Film Number: 1254369; Page Number: T9-0369 221D.
- [S4157] 1905 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Winfield, Henry County, Iowa; Roll: IA_90
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S280] GenCircles Gedcom or Family File (Reliability: 4).
See URL: http://www.gencircles.com/users/jboruff/1 (7/2003)
- [S318] Marshall, James Alexander (Sr.) and Emma Adeline (Conrad) - 54th Wedding Anniversary, (originally published in The Mt. Pleasant News, April 21, 1955; Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).