1899 - 1994
||Viola Grace Jackson  |
||31 Jul 1899
||Center, Ralls County, Missouri [1, 2, 3]
||Center Township, Henry County, Iowa 
- Viola Baker, wife-H, female, white, age 30, married, first married at age 20, did not attend school during the previous year, could read and write, born in Missouri, father born in Missouri, mother born in Missouri, state code 66, could speak English, occupation none
||New London, Henry County, Iowa 
||2 Aug 1994
||Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [1, 3]
||2 Aug 1994
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 3]
||4 Aug 1994
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Viola Grace Baker, 95, of New London, died Tuesday, August 2, 1994, at the Henry County Health Center in Mount Pleasant.
Born July 31, 1899, at Center, Missouri, she was the daughter of George Alfred and Ann Lucretia Sperry Jackson. She married William O. Baker July 27, 1920, at Wapello. He died April 9, 1963.
She was a cook at the Morning Sun Schools for many years and was a homemaker.
Survivors include three daughters, Grace Broeker of Morning Sun, Veda Smith of Diamond Bar, California, and Shirley Linder of Stronghurst, Illinois; two sons, William E. Baker of New London, and Kenneth Baker of Arkansas; 15 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. Besides her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters, a brother, a granddaughter, and a grandson.
Friends may call after noon on Thursday at the Hagele and Honts Funeral Home in Morning Sun.
The funeral for Mrs. Baker will be 2 p.m. Friday at the Hagele and Honts Funeral Home with the Reverend Robert Dodder officiating. Burial will be in the Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun.
A memorial has been established for the New London Rescue Unit.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Viola G. Baker; born: 31 July 1899; died: 2 August 1994; last residence: 52640 (Morning Sun, Louisa, Iowa); state where issued: Iowa
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Viola Grace (Jackson) Baker; Sex: F; Born: 1899; Died or Buried: 1994; Age: 45; Buried: Elmwood (township = Morning Sun); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1994 - page MS-1; Notes: born 31 July 1899; died 2 August 1944 (sic).
Note: Donna Baker Lounsbury in notes at Lousia County states death date is wrong - it is 1994.
||10 Feb 2014 |
||William Oliver Baker, b. 21 Oct 1898, Jefferson County, Kentucky , d. 9 Apr 1963, Springdale Hospital, Springdale, Washington County, Arkansas |
||27 Jul 1920
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 6]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Name: William O. Baker; Titles And Terms: Mr.; Event Type: Marriage; Event Date: 27 July 1920; Event Place: Louisa, Iowa, United States; Age: 21; Father's Name: Henry Baker; Mother's Name: Dillie D. Jones; Spouse's Name: Viola G. Jackson; Spouse's Titles And Terms: Miss; Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1900; Spouse's Father's Name: George Jackson; Spouse's Mother's Name: Anlueretia Sperry; Gs Film Number: 1870163; Digital Folder Number: 004266763
|>||1. Grace Anlucretia Baker, b. 12 Jan 1921, Milton, Van Buren County, Iowa , d. 25 May 2008, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
| ||2. William Earl "Bill" Baker, b. 21 Jan 1923, Milton, Van Buren County, Iowa , d. 6 Dec 2005, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa |
| ||3. Veda Irene Baker, b. 26 Jul 1924, Center Township, Henry County, Iowa , d. 19 Feb 2003, California |
| ||4. Kenneth Merlin Baker, b. 9 Apr 1926, Center Township, Henry County, Iowa , d. 25 Dec 2013, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
| ||5. Shirley L. Baker|
||10 Feb 2014 |
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 4).
Center Township, Henry County, Iowa; Enumeration District #44-4; Supervisor's District #15; Sheet 4A; Page 120 8300; April 9, 1930
- [S1827] Baker, Viola Grace (Jackson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8A, August 4, 1994; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2831] Broeker, Kenneth Melvin "Mel" - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9A, December 7, 1990; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12906] Baker, William Oliver - Obituary, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, April 11, 1963; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).