m. 19 Feb 1945
» Slide Show
||Mazie Ella Walker-Belles, George Percy Walker, and Carol Sue Belles|
This 3-generation photograph was taken in the summer of 1946 with Mazie Belles, her father, George Walker, and daughter, Carol Sue Belles.
||A Four Generation Photo: Sam and George Walker, Mazie and Carol Sue Belles|
This is a photograph of Samuel Nathaniel "Sam" Walker, his son, George Percy Walker, his granddaughter, Mazie Ella (Walker) Belles, and her daughter, Carol Sue Belles. It was taken about 1946 or 1947.
||A Walker Family Reunion in About 1946|
Based upon the ages of those who are children in this photograph, it was likely taken in about 1946. Several family members helped in its identification (I am a bit unsure about several of them). This photograph was provided courtesy of Carol Ann Kelley. Several persons could not be identified positively due to their placement or the overall quality of the photograph, and one child does not seem to fit at this date with family members, but generally it is correct.
Those who were at this reunion were: Gerald Wayne Kimble, Jennie "Reil" (Hannah) Walker, Verona Violet (Dotson) Walker, Leonard "Max" Dotson, Elaine Ida (Brown) Dotson, Theodore Roosevelt "Ted" Dotson, (Probably) Paul Eugene "Paulie" Umphrey Jr., Paul Eugene "Tubby" Umphrey Jr., Lois Ann (Thibodeau) Umphrey, Zella "Myrtle" (Walker) Dotson, Margaret Leora (Lesher) Walker, Wilda Maxine (Walker) Thomas, Wilda "Marguerite" (Wyerman) Walker, Elizabeth Etta "Betty" (Hatt) Walker, Samuel Clinton "Sam" Walker, William David "Bill" Walker, Doris Idella Walker, Thomas Clifford "Cliff" Walker, Mazie Ella Walker-Belles, Unknown (Possibly Vera Marie "Jakie" Walker), David Floyd "Dave" Howey, Margretta Mae (Umphrey) Howey, Flossie Zella (Walker) Russell, Ted L. Belles, Jerry Dean Walker, Gary Lynn Walker, George Percy Walker, Robert Charles "Bob" Walker, John Franklin Russell, (probably) Jean Louise Walker, Carol Sue Belles, and Samuel Nathaniel "Sam" Walker.
||Mazie Ella (Walker) Belles and Her Son, Mitchell Walker Belles|
This photograph of Mazie Belles and her son, Mitchell, was taken not long after his birth in 1964.
|Brunk and Belles Families, Christmas About 1956|
From left to right in this photo are Carol Sue Belles (with her back to the camera), Mark David Belles, Connie Jean Brunk, Jeff Brunk. The adults on the couch are Mazie Ella (walker) and Ted L. Belles. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
|The Spouses With the Children of George Percy and Verona (Dotson) Walker on Christmas, About 1956|
George and Verona Walker's daughters are in the front row, their husbands, respectively in the back. Back row are: Ted L. Belles, Arnold Deaneen "Arnie" Brunk, and John W. "J.W." Virden. The wives in the front row were: Mazie Ella (Walker) Belles, Jean Louise (Walker) Brunk, and Vera Marie "Jakie" (Walker) Virden. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
|Families of George and Verona Walker, Christmas About 1956|
Left to right in this photograph are Mark Belles (on the floor), the little girl at the television set with her back to the camera is probably Connie Jean Brunk; standing is Mazie Ella (Walker) Belles, seated on the chair is Arnold Deaneen "Arnie" Brunk, and with his back to the camera is Ted L. Belles. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
|George and Verona Walker With Their Daughters and Sons-in-Law|
This photograph from a Christmas meal, probably 1956, is the family of George Percy and Verona Violet (Dotson)Walker. Their daughters, on the left, were: Jean Louise (Walker) Brunk, Vera Marie "Jakie" (Walker) Virden, and Mazie Ella (Walker) Belles. George is at the head of the table in the back, Verona in the front. The sons-in law, left to right, with only J.W. clearly visible, were: Arnold Deaneen "Arnie" Brunk, John W. "J.W." Virden, and Ted L. Belles, whose face is partially cut off. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
|The Brunk and Belles Families' Kids in About 1956|
This was likely taken the same Christmas as a number of other photographs provided by Connie (Brunk) Gutting from slides of Vera Virden's. Left to right are Mark David Belles, Jeffrey Arnold "Jeff" Brunk, younger girl: Connie Jean Brunk, and the girl behind her is Carol Sue Belles. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
|Ted and Mazie Belles, and Vera Virden, in Mexico|
A photograph likely taken by Vera's husband, J.W. Virden, of Ted Belles, Mazie (Walker) Belles, and Vera (Walker) Virden, probably about 1955. The Virdens were evidently visiting the Belles family in the western United States, and visited Mexico that day. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
- Miss Mazie Walker and Ted Belles of New London Married
New London (IA) -- Monday afternoon at 1:30 at the parsonage of the Methodist church at Iowa City, occurred the marriage of Miss Mazie Walker, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Walker, and A.O.M. 3/c Ted Belles, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Belles, all of New London. The Reverend L. L. Darrington, pastor of the Methodist church, read the single ring ceremony which was witnessed by the bride's mother and the groom's parents. For her wedding the bride wore a powder blue dressmaker suit with black accessories. Later this week the couple will leave for San Diego, California, where the groom expects to be stationed for a time before being sent overseas.
Both the bride and groom attended New London high school. After graduating, the bride attended the College of Commerce at Burlington where she was affiliated with the Pi Rho Zeta sorority, and has since been employed as stenographer and invoice clerk at the West Burlington shops where Mr. Belles also worked before entering the armed service 18 months ago.
Mr. and Mrs. John Belles were hosts at a family dinner at their home Tuesday evening in honor of their son and his wife.
- Taking part in a family Christmas dinner and gift exchange Sunday at the home of Mr. and Mrs, S. N. Walker were Mr. and Mrs. William Walker and sons, Mr. and Mrs. Sam Walker and nephew, all of Marion; Mrs. Ted Belles, Carol and Mark, Cedar Rapids; Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Virden, Mt. Pleasant; Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Walker and family, Mr. and Mrs. Ted Dotson and Sylvia Dotson; Mr. and Mrs. Bill Brumm and Dennis, all of New London; Mr. and Mrs. George Walker, West Burlington, Mr. and Mrs. Arnie Brunk and children, Burlington; Mrs. Bill Lox and Scott Oquawka, Illinois; Mr. and Mrs. John Russell, Wapello; Mr. and Mrs. Larry Smith, Winfield; Mr. and Mrs. Wallace Broeker, Tom Walker, Mr. and Mrs. Trevor Kimble and family, all of Morning Sun.
- Local Topics: Mr. and Mrs. John Belles and son Larry left Saturday morning for a week's visit in Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska. [...] In Nebraska they will visit Mr. and Mrs. Belles's son Ted and his family at Lincoln.
- Mr. and Mrs. Ted Belles and family of Omaha, Nebraska, were here to spend the Christmas holiday with Mr. Belles's parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Belles and Larry and Mrs. Belles' parents, Mr. and Mrs. George Walker in West Burlington. Mr. Belles's nephew, Roy, Peterson, of aMinneapolis, Minnesota, was a visitor in the Belles home.
- A newspaper article in the Burlington (Iowa) Hawk-eye that year stated, "Mr. and Mrs. Belles and their two children are from Ogden, Utah."
- Belles, Ted L. (Mazie) 3 SLS MGR Bankers Life & Casualty, H 3807 N. 56th Ave 272-7222
- [S102] Brumm, Dennis William (Reliability: 4).
- [S229] Walker, Mazie Ella and Ted L. Belles - Marriage Announcement, (originally published in The Mt. Pleasant News, front page, Wednesday, February 21, 1945, Volume 47, Number 44; Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).