m. 14 Dec 1899
||28 Feb 1903
||Newport, Louisa County, Iowa
||25 Dec 1992
||Bethesda Care Center, Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa
||28 Dec 1992
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa
||Russell Eubanks | F1024
||19 Dec 1925
||Parsonage of the Lutheran Church, Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa
||Harvey Horace Hemphill | F1633
||10 Apr 1954
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa
||The Families of Frank Upton Hamilton and Hal Roy Moyer Sr.|
This photograph, kindly provided by Moyer/Moyers family researcher, Bobbi Buettgenbach, was taken in about 1914 of the families of Halleck Roy Moyer Sr. and of his sister, Cora Ellen (Moyers) Hamilton. The women and girl in the back of the photograph are: Hal's wife, Mathilda Catherine "Martha" (Baxter) Moyer, Cora Ellen (Moyers) Hamilton, and Hazel A. Hamilton. Sitting in the front, Hal Moyer is holding his daughter, Irene Isabelle (she died in 1919 at age 6), and Frank Upton Hamilton is holding on to a young son of Hal and Martha's, Dwight Baxter Moyer.
||Iowa Marriage Records:
- Name: Frank Hamilton; Spouse: Cora E. Moyers; Marriage Date: 14 December 1899; County: Louisa; State: Iowa [however, Frank is listed as single in the 1900 federal census.]
- Email note from Marge Kimble regarding their marriage as found in a Louisa County marriage book: December 14, 1899; Frank Hamilton, age 26; Cora E. Moyers, age 22
- Cora Ellen (Moyers) and Frank Upton Hamilton are buried at Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa. The epitaph on the stone is: "Hamilton. Cora E., 1878 - 1948. Frank U., 1874 - 1950"
- Wapello (IA), August 25. -- The seventh annual reunion of the Davison and Dotson families was held at Chautauqua park in Mediapolis Saturday, with 118 present. The event was featured by a picnic dinner at the noon hour, ice cream and watermelons being served. The afternoon was spent with sports and contests.
During the business session, officers for the coming year were elected as follows: Mrs. George R. Deihl, Wapello, president; I. M. Jamison, Morning Sun, vice president; Mrs. Henry Meyerholz, Wapello, secretary and treasure; committee on grounds and arrangements: W. D. Peters, W. S. Bailey, Wapello, John Blake, Mediapolis; committee on refreshments; Mrs. Frank Hamilton., Mrs. George Mellinger, Mrs. H. L. Davison, Wapello, Mrs. I. M. Jamison, Morning Sun.
In addition to those present from Wapello, Morning Sun, Oakville and Mediapolis were Mrs. Frank Barnes, Esther Barnes, George Meyers, Velda Dotson of WEllington: Mr. and Mrs. T. R. Dotson, Max Dotson, Mr. and Mrs. George Walker of New London; Mrs. Clara A. Decker of Harrisonville, Pa.; and Mrs. Harold E. Wilson, Robert and Mary Louise Wilson of Muscatine.
- [S411] Hamilton, Cora Ellen (Moyers) - Obituary (Morning Sun News-Herald), (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, October 14, 1948; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S26] Iowa Marriages, 1851-1900 (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).