m. 6 Feb 1941
||5 Aug 1911
||Yellow Spring Township, Des Moines County, Iowa
||17 Jan 1998
||Wapello Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa
||19 Jan 1998
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa
||6 Feb 1941 [1, 2, 3]
||Davenport, Scott County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
||Ruth Rebecca Walker | F56
||12 Aug 1932
||First Presbyterian Church, Monmouth, Warren County, Illinois
||William Frederick Broeker | F128 Group Sheet
||Marie Elizabeth "Mary" Taeger | F128 Group Sheet
» Slide Show
||Wally and Ruth Broeker|
Wallace Ernest and Ruth Aralene (Wheeler) Broeker were married February 6, 1941, in Scott County, Iowa. This is likely a wedding anniversary photograph, taken in about 1961.
||Wally and Ruth Broeker|
This is a photograph, taken in about 1956 by Robert Walker, of Wally and Ruth Broeker at their home near Morning Sun, Iowa.
|The Extended Family of Wally Broeker in about 1967|
This would seem to be a holiday meal at the home of Wallace Ernest "Wally" and Ruth Aralene (Wheeler) Broeker. Circling left to right are Beverly Jean "Bev" (Broeker) Marshall, Joni L. Smith, Shirley Lea (Broeker) Smith, John W. Smith, Norton Lawrence "Larry" Smith, Wally Broeker, and sitting in the front chair is Ruth Broeker. Shirley and Beverly were the children of Wally's with his first wife, Ruth Rebecca (Walker) Broeker. (The top of the head of the boy in front is that of Jim Marshall.) (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
- 25th Anniversary for Harold Wheelers
Mr. and Mrs. Wallace Broeker and Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Wheeler entertained at dinner on January 30 at the Broeker home in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Wheeler on the occasion of their 25th wedding anniversary/ The table was lovely with a wedding cake centerpiece, silver bells and bridegroom favors. The three course dinner was served to 14 guests. During the course of the evening Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler were presented with a number of silver pieces.
Present for the event were Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Anderson, Mr. and Mrs. Harley Sehrwood, Ted, and Jerry, Mrs. and Mrs. Bernard Wheeler, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Cornic, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Wheeler and Jack, Mr. and Mrs. Wallace Broeker, and Shirley.
- Sunday guests at the home of Mr. and Mrs. S. N. Walker included Mr. and Mrs. Roy Fortner and granddaughter, Sandra Umphrey, Detroit, Michigan; Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Allen and family and Mr. and Mrs. Earl Driscoll, Winterset; Mr. and Mrs. Sam Walker and Jerry and Mr. and Mrs. William William Walker, Gary and Steve all of Marion; Mr. and Mrs. Ted Dotson, Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Walker and Doris, and granddaughter, Threasa (sic) Thomas, all of New London; Mr. and Mrs. George Walker, Mrs. Leota Krekel and Bill Brum (sic) all of West Burlington; Mr. and Mrs. John Russell, Wapello; James Walker, Winfield; Mr. and Mrs. Wallace Broeker and Shirley, Mr. and Mrs. Trevor Kimble and family and Tom Walker all of Morning Sun.
- Taking part in a family Christmas dinner and gift exchange Sunday at the home of Mr. and Mrs, S. N. Walker were Mr. and Mrs. William Walker and sons, Mr. and Mrs. Sam Walker and nephew, all of Marion; Mrs. Ted Belles, Carol and Mark, Cedar Rapids; Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Virden, Mt. Pleasant; Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Walker and family, Mr. and Mrs. Ted Dotson and Sylvia Dotson; Mr. and Mrs. Bill Brumm and Dennis, all of New London; Mr. and Mrs. George Walker, West Burlington, Mr. and Mrs. Arnie Brunk and children, Burlington; Mrs. Bill Lox and Scott Oquawka, Illinois; Mr. and Mrs. John Russell, Wapello; Mr. and Mrs. Larry Smith, Winfield; Mr. and Mrs. Wallace Broeker, Tom Walker, Mr. and Mrs. Trevor Kimble and family, all of Morning Sun.
- Relatives and friends of S. N. Walker gathered in Locust Grove here Sunday to observe the 87th birthday of Mr. Walker. Present for the birthday dinner were Mr. and Mrs. (Aleta Hewitt) Lee Walker, Ainsworth; Mr. and Mrs. (Caroline Moyers) Charles Bailey and family, Keokuk; Mr. and Mrs. (Elizabeth Moyers) Arthur Long and sons, Lockridge; Mr. and Mrs. (Mabel Moyers) Haines and son, Fairfield; Mrs. Ruth Moyers and Ethel, Burlington; Mrs. Bill Lox (Virginia Dotson) and Scotty, Oquawka, Illinois; Mr. and Mrs. (Maude Walker/Umphrey) Roy Fortner, Dennis Howey, Mr. and Mrs. (Thelma Umphrey) Lloyd Allen and Pamela, Detroit, Michigan; Mr. and Mrs. (Margaret Lesher) William Walker and Steve and Sam Walker, Marion; Mr. and Mrs. (Leota Walker/Krekel) Bill Brumm and Dennis, Mr. and Mrs. (Marguerite Wyerman) Clifford Walker and Terry Thomas, New London; Mr. and Mrs. (Verona Dotson) George Walker and Mr. and Mrs. (Myrtle Walker) Ted Dotson, West Burlington; Mr. and Mrs. (Beverly Broeker) Elwood Marshall and Karen, Fort Madison; Jim Walker, Mt. Pleasant; Mr. and Mrs. (Nellie Owens) Bert Moyers, Mr. and Mrs. (Flossie Walker) John Russell, Mr. and Mrs. (Marian Callahan) Tommy Dotson, all of Wapello; Mr. and Mrs. Leslie Pickard, Birmingham; Mr. and Mrs. (Ruth Wheeler) Wallace Broeker, Mr. and Mrs. (Marjorie Walker) Trevor Kimble and family, Tom Walker, Mrs. Willa (Umphrey) Wolfe and Mr. and Mrs. (Reil Hannah) Sam Walker, all of Morning Sun.
- Hold Open House
Mr. and Mrs. Wallace Broeker of near Morning Sun held open house Sunday afternoon from 2 to 6 on the occasion of their Silver Wedding anniversary.
Mrs. Broeker is the former Ruth A. Wheeler, they were married in Davenport, February 6, 1941. The couple's daughters, Mrs. Elwood Marshall of Geneso, and Mrs. Larry Smith of Morning Sun, were the hostesses for the occasion.
- [S307] Broeker, Wallace Ernest "Wally" - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8B, January 18, 1998; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa).
- [S306] Broeker, Wallace Ernest "Wally" and Ruth Aralene (Wheeler) - 25th Wedding Anniversary Announcement, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 10, Tuesday, February 8, 1966; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S308] Broeker, Ruth Aralene (Wheeler) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7B, March 18, 1987; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).