m. 4 Jan 1953
||23 Nov 1927
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa
||9 Apr 2009
||Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa
||15 Apr 2009
||Resthaven Cemetery, West Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa
||4 Jan 1953 [1, 2]
||First Methodist Church, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [1, 2]
||Albert Ross "Ross" Walker | F53 Group Sheet
||Vinnie Westfall | F53 Group Sheet
- Methodist Rites Unite Couple
White gladioli, palms and candelabra decorated First Methodist church January 4 for the marriage of Miss Edith Arlene Ibbotson, daughter of Mrs. E. B. Ibbotson, 1012 South 6th, and Ralph Walker, son of Mrs. Vinnie Walker, 501 May avenue. Dr. Deane Chapman officiated at the single ring ceremony. Nuptial music was presented by Mrs. Betty Beck Robertson, organist. The bride was given in marriage by her brother, Donald Ibbotson, Grinnell. The bride was attired in a navy wool crepe suit with pink accessories. She carried a bouquet of white baby mums centered with an orchid. Miss Betty Kolkman, cousin of the bride, was maid of honor, wearing a beige suit with brown accessories. She carried a bouquet of camellia red roses. Kenneth Walker served his brother as best man. The bride's mother chose a gray print dress with wine and gray accessories. The bridegroom's mother was dressed in black with matching accessories. Both had corsages of white carnations. A reception followed at the home of the bride's mother. Mrs. G. B. Johnson, Miss Lula MacDonald and Mrs. Gene Ibbotson assisted with the courtesies. After a short wedding trip Mr. and Mrs. Walker will live at 1012 South 6th. Mrs. Walker is employed by Northwestern Bell Telephone Company. Mr. Walker is employed by Silas Mason Company.
Out-of-town guests were: Mrs. G. B. Johnson, and children. Nancy and Bob, Atlantic; Mr. and Mrs. Donald Ibbotson and children, Dennis and Marilyn, Grinnell, and Lulu and Milford MacDonald, Morning Sun.
- Ralph Walker (wife Edith A.), employee of the Iowa Ordnance Plant, residence at 1012 South 6th.
- Ralph L. Walker (wife Edith A.), lineman for the telephone company, householder at 1012 South 6th.
- Ralph L. Walker (wife Edith I.), cable splicer for the telephone company, householder at 1012 South 6th.
- Attend Walker Funeral Here
The following relatives of the S. N. Walker family attended funeral services for Mr. Walker on Tuesday afternoon of last week:
Mr. and Mrs. George Walker, Mr. and Mrs. R. T. (sic: T. R.) Dotson of West Burlington; Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Walker and Doris and Mr. and Mrs. Bill Brumm of New London; Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Virden, Mt. Pleasant; Mr. and Mrs. Bill Lox, Oquawka, Illinois; Mrs. Elwood Marshall, Fort Madison; Mr. and Mrs. Larry Smith, Winfield; Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Walker, Burlington; Mr. and Mrs. Sam C. Walker, Mr. and Mrs. William D. Walker, Marion; Mr. and Mrs. J. G. Walker, Marengo; Mr. and Mrs. Lee Walker, Crawfordsville; Mrs. Talma Lyons, Alliance, Nebraska; Mr. and Mrs. Roy Fortner and Mrs. Lloyd Allen and Pamela of Detroit, Michigan; Mr. and Mrs. Verl Van Houten and family, Corpus Christi, Texas; Miss Elsie Walker, Benton, Arkansas; Mr. and Mrs. Eldon Sanders, Osceola; Mr. and Mrs. Austin Reynolds, Baxter; Mrs. Rodney Phillips and Cressie Edgar, Panora.
- Ralph L. Walker (wife Edith), employee of the telephone company, householder at 1012 South 6th.
- Ralph L. Walker (wife Edith T.), employee of the telephone company, householder at 1012 South 6th.
- Ralph L. Walker (wife Edith I.), terminal man at the telephone company, householder at 1012 South 6th.
- (Probably this was "generic" Des Moines, and actually Urbandale)
- Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Walker of 7101 Twana Drive, Urbandale, will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary January 4 (2003). The family is planning a celebration for March 15 at the Urbandale Senior Center. Food and fun will start at 5:30 p.m.
Ralph Walker and Arlene Ibbotson were married January 4, 1953, at the First Methodist Church in Burlington. Dr. Deane Chapman presided over the ceremony.
They have two sons, Tom of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, and Tim of Lime Springs. They also have five grandchildren ranging in age from 17 to 7.
- [S27] Kimble, Marjorie Naomi "Marge" (Walker) (Reliability: 4).
- [S284] Walker, Ralph Leroy and Edith "Arlene" Ibbotson - Marriage Announcement, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, page 10, January 7, 1953; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).